How can MSConfig be used to disable services from running when Windows starts?
- Open System Configuration.
- From the Windows Vista default Start menu, in the Start Search box, type: msconfig, and then press the ENTER key.
- In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
- The System Configuration window opens.
- In the System Configuration window, click the Services tab.
- On the Services tab, click to clear the check box of the service to be disabled.
Note: Hide all Microsoft services is useful only for displaying services that are not provided by Microsoft. A helpful troubleshooting step is to disable all services that are not from Microsoft.
- Click OK.
- In the System Configuration window, to start the computer with the selected services disabled, click Restart.