Erase Ink With the Tablet Pen
You can use the tablet pen to erase ink from a note while you are working in that note. Erasing with the tablet pen lets you fix mistakes quickly while you are taking notes.
When you erase with the tablet pen, you can use one of these gestures:
- The scratch-out gesture with the tip of the pen.
- The erase gesture with the top of the tablet pen. Some tablet pens are equipped with an eraser that you can use just like the eraser on a pencil.
To use the scratch-out gesture
- On the Pen toolbar, tap Pen.
- Drag the tablet pen quickly left to right and back again over the ink that you want to erase.
- Lift your pen from the screen. The ink disappears only after you lift your pen from the screen.
- You must cross out at least 60 percent of the original ink for this gesture to work properly.
- You can use the scratch-out gesture only when you are working in pen mode with a tablet pen. This gesture does not work with a mouse.
- The scratch-out gesture does not erase typed text, text boxes, flags, or pictures.
To turn on or turn off the scratch-out gesture
To use the pen eraser
- Tap the Tools menu, and then tap Options.
- Tap the Other tab, and under Gestures, select or clear the Enable scratch-out gesture check box. For more information, tap Help. Tap OK.
- Turn your tablet pen over and use the eraser just like the eraser on a pencil.
- This option is available only if you have a tablet pen that is equipped with an eraser. Check the manufacturer instructions that came with your tablet pen for proper use.
- The eraser uses the same type or size of eraser that you previously chose for the eraser tool on the Pen toolbar.
- The eraser does not erase typed text, text boxes, flags, or pictures.
- The eraser is recognized as a regular pointer if you move it to a toolbar, to another window, over the desktop, to the taskbar, or to the Start menu.
To turn on or turn off the pen eraser
Note: This information provided by Microsoft.
- In Control Panel, under Hardware and Sound, tap Pen and Input Devices.
- On the Pen Options tab, under Pen buttons, select or clear the Use the top of the pen to erase ink (where available) check box. Tap OK.