Hiragana Characters Do Not Appear on the On-Screen Keyboard, or Keys Are Missing From the On-Screen Keyboard When I am Using Japanese As My Input Language
You may not have the correct driver installed for the Japanese keyboard. Try installing a Japanese 106 keyboard driver, such as the Microsoft USB Office Keyboard (106/109) driver.
Warning: Installing this driver can change how the standard keyboard works on your Tablet PC.
Use the following steps to install the Microsoft USB Office keyboard (106/109) driver.
- From the Start menu, tap Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, tap Hardware and Sound, and then tap Keyboard.
- In the Keyboard Properties dialog box, tap the Hardware tab, and then tap Properties.
- On the keyboard properties dialog box, tap the Driver tab, and then tap Update Driver.
- On the How do you want to search for driver software page, tap Browse my computer for driver software.
- On the Browse for driver software on your computer page, tap Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- On the Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware page, tap to clear the Show compatible hardware check box.
- Under Manufacturer, tap Microsoft.
- Under Model, tap Microsoft USB Office Keyboard (106/109), and then tap Next.
- On the Update Driver Warning dialog box, tap Yes.
- On the Windows has successfully updated your driver software page, tap Close.
- To apply the changes, restart your computer.
Note: This information provided by Microsoft.
Back to Tablet PC Main Page