Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
DX4200, DX4300, DX4720, DX4820, EC14, EC18, EC34, EC38, EL1210, EL1310,
eMD525, eMD725, eME525, eME625, eME627, eME725, eMG525, eMG625, eMG725, ET1161,
ET1300, ET1810, FX6801, ID58, LX6810, LX6820, M-1631u, M-73, M-78, MC73,
MC78, MD24, MD26, MD73, MD78, NV44, NV48, NV52, NV54, NV56,
NV58, NV78, P-78, P79, SX2300, SX2800, T-6345u, TC73, TC78, Windows7
DX4200, DX4720, LX6810
Q: Clean installation of Windows 7A:
The following steps are for performing a clean installation of Microsoft Windows 7. All of your personal data files and applications will be lost. Be sure that you have your data files backed up before performing these steps.
Note: The computer must be configured to boot to the CD/DVD drive.
- Place the Windows 7 disc in the optical drive. Close any dialog boxes that open.
- Turn off the computer.
- After the computer is turned off, disconnect all USB devices except the keyboard and mouse. This includes USB devices such as a printer, scanner, removable storage, or camera.
- Turn on the computer. When prompted, press any key to boot from CD or DVD.
- Windows loads files.
- In the Install Windows dialog box, click Next.
- In the Install Windows dialog box, click Install now.
- In the Please read the license terms screen, check I accept the license terms, and then click Next.
- In the Which type of installation do you want screen, click Custom (advanced).
- In the Where do you want to install Windows screen, you can create new partitions, delete partitions, format partitions, and extend partitions. Make appropriate changes, and then click Next.
- Windows installs and may restart a few times during the process.
- Installation completes.
- In the Choose a user name screen, enter the appropriate information, and then click Next.
- In the Set a password for your account screen, enter the appropriate information, and then click Next.
- In the Type your Windows product key screen, enter the product key, and then click Next.
- In the Help protect your computer and improve Windows automatically screen, select Use recommended settings.
- In the Review your time and date settings screen, enter appropriate information and then click Next.
- In the Select your computerís current location dialog box, select the appropriate information.
Note: If a wireless adapter is installed, the Join a wireless network screen appears. You can enter the appropriate information and
- Windows finalizes settings and prepares the desktop.
- In the Help protect your computer and improve Windows automatically dialog box, select the appropriate option.
- The Windows 7 installation is complete.
- Any updated drivers and applications can be installed. It is recommended to update the antivirus definitions and perform Windows Updates.