What are some troubleshooting scenarios with the TV signals in Media Center?
TV signal issues
I tried to change to channel 15, but Media Center displayed channel 101 instead.
- Check to see if you subscribe to channel 15. If it is not available, Media Center displays the nearest available channel instead, which in this example may be channel 101.
I do not get a list of TV signal providers for my ZIP code.
- Make sure that you have specified the right location in the Regional settings in Control Panel.
- Double-check the Zip code for accuracy.
- Try a neighboring Zip code to see if any signal providers are available.
I am not receiving a TV signal.
- Check to see if you have re-installed the operating system but not installed the drivers or the DVD decoder.
- Verify that you have not uninstalled the DVD decoder.
- Check to see if the TV cable is attached to the wrong input or if the S-Video cable is not connected.
When configuring the TV signal using a set-top box, I noticed that some channels listed in the Select a Working TV Signal screen are blocked. How can I fix this?
- Check to see if you have configured Parental Control settings. In such a case, some programs may be blocked.
Note: Information in this document was provided by Microsoft.