What are the known abnormalities with My Music in Windows Media Center 2005?
Troubleshooting My Music: Known Issues
- Media Center may slow down if you are accessing a large music library from a network share.
- When you have a queue of songs, selecting a song and then pressing Play results in the loss of the queue.
- If you delete music files from the computer, the files may still be listed in Media Center for a while. It takes a while before the list in Media Center is updated. If you try to access a deleted track in the meantime, an error message displays.
- When you try to play a file that requires the downloading of a new codec, you may get an HRESULT Audio error. The same playlist works fine in Windows Media Player, and after the codec has been loaded, Media Center plays the playlist without an error message.
- Media Center does not release an audio file after playing it. This prevents you from moving, editing, deleting or renaming the file.
- Clicking on a currently playing album cover restarts the album.
- Accessing music from large libraries results in long delays.
- You are able to play an album when no album exists or was selected, which results in the error message "An error occurred while trying to play your selection".
- When you play an album and then subsequently selects that album again in the album list to see the tracks, the album restarts.
- Resizing Media Center while audio is playing interrupts audio. For displaying Media Center in Full-Screen mode, a refresh rate of 60-Hz is used. A refresh rate of 60 - 120 Hz may be used when displaying Media Center in Windowed mode. Audio is affected when a transition is made from one mode to another.
- Artist and Genre are displayed under RECENT MUSIC only when you select "play all" for the artist or genre.
- An audio CD that is currently playing or was played recently in Media Center may not be listed in the Recent Music list.
- When Media Center is used a behind a firewall, the album art for a newly inserted CD may not be retrieved in the My Music experience. You should check the firewall settings to ensure all appropriate ports are open.
- When the sound card is not installed or disabled, you will not see an error message, and My TV, My Videos, or DVD do not function.
Note: Information in this document was provided by Microsoft.