What are some troubleshooting scenarios with radio in Windows Media Center 2005?
I am unable to play FM radio.
- Verify that you have a tuner card that supports FM radio.
- Check the cable/antenna used for radio reception to ensure best reception.
- Check if the tuner card is functioning properly. A quick way to do this is to check if you get TV reception. If yes, the card is probably fine. If you are not getting TV reception either, the drivers for the tuner card probably need to be updated/re-installed.
I cannot see the Radio option in Media Center.
- Verify that the TV tuner drivers are installed properly.
- Check if Radio has been disabled in Set Program Access and Defaults. To enable Radio, use the following steps:
- From the Start menu, point to All Programs, and then click Set Program Access and Defaults.
- Select Custom, and then click the DOWN ARROW button to expand that option.
- Under Choose a default media player, click to select the check box next to Enable access to this program for Media Center Radio.
I am not able to tune to certain radio stations.
- Do you use the seek feature to tune to the station? If yes, stations with a weak signal are skipped by Media Center's seek feature.
- Are you trying to tune to a station that does not broadcast in stereo? If yes, Media Center only catches stations that broadcast in stereo.
Note: Information in this document was provided by Microsoft.