Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
7515027, 7515069, 7515172, 7515344, 7515384, MLXPMC0, MLXPMC1, MLXPMC2
Q: How do I configure my Media Center to output to a TV?A: Note: Before starting the computer, verify that the cable is connected properly from the TV Out connector to the television and that the television is turned on. If this is not done, the TV Out device cannot be enabled in Display Properties. If the TV option is not available when the cable is connected, recheck the connections, verify that the TV is turned on, and then restart the computer.
- From the Start menu, click Control Panel. In Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click the Display icon.
- In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab.
- On the Settings tab, click Advanced.
- Click the Displays tab.
- The following graphics depict the various configuration scenarios.
- The icon determines which display is primary. If the circle is pressed in , the device is the primary display. If the boxes are pressed in , the device is a clone, or exactly duplicates, the primary display.
- On the Displays tab, click the Enable/Disable button for the TV, and then click Apply.
= Not available
- In the System Settings Change dialog box, click OK.
- A dialog box opens prompting you to keep this setting. Click Yes.
- Here is what it looks like when you have two monitors attached.
Note: If the display does not switch from the LCD panel to the TV, simultaneous display may be enabled. In the Display Properties dialog box, on the Settings tab, right-click the monitor icon labeled 2, and then click Disable. Verify that the number 1 monitor is specified in the Display drop-down box directly beneath the monitor icon arrangement area, and then follow the previous steps.