Parental Controls is a new feature of Windows Vista that enables you to set limits on Internet browsing and program execution.
Note: To set up Parental Controls, you will need an Administrator user account, and each user that you wish to set up with Parental Controls will need a standard user account. Parental Controls can only be applied to standard user accounts and not Administrator user accounts.
To open back up files in the Parental Controls, use the following steps:
- From the Windows Vista default Start menu, click Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel Home view, click Set up parental controls for any user.
- In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
- In the Parental Controls window, select the user to set up Parental Controls. If necessary, create a new user account.
- In the User Controls window, verify that Parental Controls are set to On, and then modify the desired settings.
On the graphic, click the hyperlinks for further information.
Information from Microsoft on possible issues and resolutions related to Parental Controls: