How to Install a 5.25-inch Device
- Open the computer door.
- Remove the right side access panels.
- Using the hole in the front of the metal EMI shield, pull out on the left
side of the shield to disengage it from the chassis. Remove and save the
- Open the drive/fan bay.
- Remove the drive from its protective wrapper, and place it on an antistatic
- Set any jumpers or switches on the drive according to the drive
- Find two screws of the appropriate size and length, and use them to attach
each plastic slide rail with its metal grounding plate to the drive.
- Position the drive so the plastic slide rails engage in the bay guide rails.
Push the drive into the bay until the slide rails lock in place.
Connect a power cable to the drive.
- Connect the appropriate data cable to the drive.
- If the drive requires any other cables, connect them.
- Close the subchassis, making sure the foam cover is properly installed.
- Replace the access cover.
- Close the computer door.