How to open the chassis
Open the chassis bays
- Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the computer.
- Turn off the computer and disconnect the power cable.
- Label and disconnect all peripheral cables attached to the I/O panel on
the back of the system.
- Remove the access panels.
- Loosen the two screws on the top and bottom edges of the chassis. These
screws attach the drive/fan bay to the main chassis.
- Using the edges of the subchassis as handles, rotate the drive/fan bay left,
away from the main chassis, until the safety release tilt latch clicks into
- Disconnect all cabling to the electronics bay.
- Using the vertical edge of the electronics bay as a handle, rotate the bay
right, away from the main chassis, until it stops.
- If necessary, completely remove the drive/fan bay and electronics bay:
rotate the bays outward until the two pins that function as hinges for
the bays slide out of their slots. Set the bays aside.