Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I replace the N+1 power supply?A:
- Turn off the computer and disconnect the power cord.
- Open the chassis.
- Disconnect the power supply connectors from all internal boards, drives and peripheral devices.
- Disconnect the main and auxiliary power signal connectors from the motherboard. Press on the tab to release the connector then gently pull the connector from the motherboard.
- Support the power supply with one hand and remove the screws that secure it to the rear panel.
- Carefully lift the power supply out of the chassis by the handle on the power supply. Move the power supply forward to clear the support bracket, then tilt the left side down to clear the side cover mounting rail as you pull it out.
- Verify that the new power supply matches the one just removed. The mounting holes must line up and the specifications and connectors must be the same.
- Place the power supply in position and line up the mounting holes.
- Replace the screws that secure the power supply to the rear panel.
- Reconnect the power connectors to the motherboard and all internal devices.
- Close the chassis.
- Reconnect the main power cord.