Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I replace the motherboard?A:
- Turn off the computer and disconnect the power cord and all external peripheral devices.
- Open the chassis.
- Place the computer on its right side.
- Remove all expansion cards from the computer.
- Remove the rear panel fan.
- Disconnect all cables from the motherboard, making note of their position and orientation.
- Loose the retaining thumbscrew which secures the motherboard tray to the right side of the chassis.
- Slide the motherboard tray slightly toward the front of the chassis to disengage it from the retention hooks.
- Using the handle at the bottom of the motherboard tray, pull the rear edge of the motherboard out of the chassis.
- Remove the board from the motherboard tray by removing the seven screws and disengage the two snap-on standoffs.
- Place the motherboard in an anti-static bag.
- Install the replacement motherboard onto the tray.
- Holding the motherboard tray by the handles, place it inside the chassis, front edge first. Be careful to avoid tangling any cables.
- Holding the motherboard tray in place, tighten the retaining thumbscrew at the front edge of the tray.
- Replace the back panel fan.
- Replace any expansion cards that were removed.
- Reconnect all cables to the motherboard.
- Close the chassis.
- Return the computer to the upright position.
- Reconnect the power cord and external peripheral devices.