Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008695, 1008696, 1008697, 1008992, 1008993, 3502068, WME003668-04-04, WME003668-04-05, WME003668-07-00
FX510S, FX510X, FX510XL, FX510XG, FX510XTQ: How do I remove and replace the motherboard in the Gateway 7-bay BTX desktop computer case?A: Note: Many components are removed in the process of removing the motherboard. Carefully note all component locations, orientations, and cable connections for use during the replacement phase.
Remove the motherboard
Replace the motherboard
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord and all external cables. Note connection locations for later use.
- Remove the right side panel of the case.
- Inside the case, remove all add-in cards.
- Remove the air duct.
- Disconnect all power and cable connections to the motherboard. Note the connection locations for later use.
- In the area that the air duct was covering, locate the motherboard release latch.
- Lift the motherboard release latch. The motherboard tray slides toward the front of the case.
- Lift both the motherboard and tray out of the case.
- Align the motherboard on its tray in the case, and then close the motherboard release latch to move the motherboard into the installed position and to secure it in the case.
- Connect all power and cable connections, except the power switch and power switch LED cables, to the motherboard. The power switch and power switch LED cables are connected in the next step.
- Replace the air duct.
- Replace all add-in cards.
- Replace the right side panel.
- Connect the power cord and external device cables, and then turn on the computer.