Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
1008695, 1008696, 1008697, 1008992, 1008993, 3502068, WME003668-04-04, WME003668-04-05, WME003668-07-00
FX510S, FX510X, FX510XL, FX510XG, FX510XTQ: How do I remove and replace the air duct in the Gateway 7-bay BTX computer case?A: Remove the air duct
Replace the air duct
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the computer's right side panel.
- Inside the computer, the air duct is the green plastic object at the front, center of the case.
- If cables are routed through the clip on the air duct, release them.
- Using the handle, pull the air duct out of the case a short distance.
Note: The front chassis fan is mounted inside the air duct. Only pull the air duct out of the case a short distance to prevent damage to the fan cable.
- Follow the fan cable to its connection on the motherboard. Note this location, and then disconnect the cable.
- Hold the air duct close to the computer case, and then connect the fan cable to the motherboard.
- Slide the air duct into the computer case, over the processor heat sink. Ensure that no cables get pinched.
Note: You may need to wiggle the air duct to ensure that all three tabs on the duct engage in the case slots.
- Place any cables that are routed over the air duct through the clip on the air duct.
- Replace the right side panel.
- Connect the power cord, and then turn on the computer.