NV76RGateway NV76R Notebook
Following are the specifications for the Gateway NV76R notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit2 Service Pack 1
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 64-bit2 Service Pack 1
Intel® Core i5-2450M/i5-3210M processor (3 MB L3 cache, 2.50/2.50 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10/3.10 GHz, DDR3 1333/1600 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache
Intel® Core i3-2310M/i3-2350M/i3-2370M/i3-3110M processor (3 MB L3 cache, 2.10/2.30/2.40/2.30 GHz, DDR3 1333/1600 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache
Intel® Pentium® processor B950/B960/B970 (2 MB L3 cache, 2.10/2.20/2.30 GHz, DDR3 1333 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache
Intel® Celeron® processor B820 (2 MB L3 cache, 1.70 GHz, DDR3 1333 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache
Mobile Intel® HM77 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 3, 4,
Dual-channel DDR3 SDRAM supporting up to 4 GB of DDR3 system memory, upgradable to 8 GB using two soDIMM modules4 (for 64-bit OS)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M with 1 GB/2 GB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, supporting NVIDIA® CUDA, PhysX, PureVideo® HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 5.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 11, OpenGL® 3.2, OpenCL 1.1
MPEG-4 Part 2 DivX® decoding
Intel® HD Graphics with 128 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 11, OpenGL® 3.1, OpenCL v1.1
WMV10 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
Intel® HD Graphics 4000 with 128 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 11, OpenGL® 3.1, OpenCL v1.1
Intel® HD Graphics 3000 with 128 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
External resolution / refresh rates:7
- VGA port up to 2048 x 1536: 75 Hz
- HDMI® port up to 1920 x 1080: 60 Hz
VC-1 and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI® (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support.
17.3" HD+ 1600 x 900 resolution, high-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright LED-backlit TFT LCD
8 ms response time
60% color gamut
16:9 aspect ratio
|Hard Drive1, 8,
One 320, 500, 750, 1000 GB or larger
|Media Card Reader
Multi-in-1 card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
4X Blu-ray Disc / DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL, 6X DVD-R DL, 6X DVD+R DL, 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 6X BD-ROM, 6X BD-R, 6X BD-RE, 4X BD-ROM DL, 4X BD-R DL, 4X BD-RE DL
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X DVD+R DL, 4X DVD-R DL
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL, 4X DVD-R DL, 4X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL, 4X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
High-definition audio support
Two built-in stereo speakers
Multi-in-1 card reader (SD, MMC, MS PRO, xD)
Two USB 3.0/2.0 ports
One USB 2.0 port
HDMI® port with HDCP support
External display (VGA) port
Headphone/speaker jack, supporting 3.5 mm headset with built-in microphone
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Video conferencing solution, featuring:
- Webcam with 1280 x 720 resolution
- 720p HD audio/video recording
|Wireless and networking
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
- 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
|Input and control1
103-/104-/107-key Gateway keyboard with independent standard numeric keypad, international language support
Multi-gesture touchpad, supporting two-finger scroll, pinch, rotate, flip
Gateway Social Networks key
Media control keys: Play/pause, stop, previous, next
Special keys: MyBackup, wireless control, touchpad lock, brightness, volume up/down, mute
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard: supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
3-pin 90 W AC adapter:
- 133 (W) x 59 (D) x 31 (H) mm (5.23 x 2.32 x 1.22 inches)
- 390 g (0.86 lbs.)10 with 180 cm DC cable
48 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
Battery life: 4.5 hours11.
(W × D × H)
414.8 (W) x 275 (D) x 31/34.65 (H) mm (16.33 x 10.83 x 1.22/1.36 inches)
3.2 kg (7.05 lbs.)10 with 6-cell battery pack
Gateway MyBackup Solution1
Gateway Power Management1
Gateway Recovery Management
Gateway Social Networks
Adobe® Flash® Player 10.x/11.x
Adobe® Reader® 10.x
AUPEO! (US only)
Evernote (except Japan)
Internet Explorer 9
Kobo (Australia, Canada, New Zealand only)
Microsoft® Office Starter 2010: Includes limited-functionality Microsoft® Word and Excel with advertising; no PowerPoint or Outlook. Buy Office 2010 to use the full-featured software. (except Japan)
NOOK for PC (US only)
Norton Online Backup
Windows Live Essentials1
Norton Internet Security 2012
Nero® 10 Essentials1
Gateway Games powered by WildTangent®1 (except China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea)
Fooz Kids (except Japan)
Communication and ISP
Web links and utilities
Gateway Identity Card
eBay® shortcut1 (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, India, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, UK, US, only)
Netflix shortcut1 (US, Canada only)
- 2/4 GB DDR3 soDIMM module
- 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 3-pin 90 W AC adapter
Windows®. Life without Walls. Gateway recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by any memory used by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- Memory speed may vary, depending on the CPU, chipset or memory fitted.
- A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB or higher memory.
- Total available graphics memory comprises dedicated video memory, system memory, and shared system memory. This figure will vary depending on system memory, installed drivers, BIOS settings and other factors.
- Resolution/refresh rates depend on monitor capability and color/depth settings.
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Packard Bell Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability, and selected options.
- The listed battery life is based on MobileMark 2007® productivity mode testing with wireless on. Details of MobileMark 2007® testing are available at www.bapco.com. Battery life rating is for comparison purposes only. Actual battery life varies by model, configuration, applications, power management settings, operating conditions, and utilized features. A battery's maximum capacity decreases with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.