NV59CGateway NV59C Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® NV59 notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit2
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 64-bit2
Intel® Core i7 processor 620M (4 MB L3 cache, 2.66 GHz, up to 3.33 GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Intel® Core i5 processor 540M (3 MB L3 cache, 2.53 GHz, up to 3.06 GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 35 W) supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Intel® Core i5 processor 520M (3 MB L3 cache, 2.40 GHz, up to 2.93 GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Intel® Core i5 processor 430M (3 MB L3 cache, 2.26 GHz, up to 2.53 GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Intel® Core i3 processor 350M (3MB L3 cache, 2.26GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 35W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture and Intel® Smart Cache
Intel® Core i3 processor 330M (3MB L3 cache, 2.26GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 35W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture and Intel® Smart Cache
Intel® Pentium® processor P6000 (3 MB L3 cache, 1.86 GHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache
Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 3, 4,
Dual-channel DDR3 SDRAM support
Up to 4 GB of DDR3 1066 MHz memory, upgradeable to 8 GB using two soDIMM modules5
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 54706 with up to 35797 MB of HyperMemory (512 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 30678 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 5.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 11, OpenGL® 3.1, OpenCL 1.1
NVIDIA® GeForce® 320M6 with up to 40917 MB of TurboCache (1024 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 30678 MB of shared system memory), supporting NVIDIA® CUDA, PhysX, PureVideo® HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
Intel® HD Graphics9 with 128 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
External resolution / refresh rate10:
- VGA port up to 2560 x 1600: 60 Hz9
- VGA port up to 2048 x 1536: 85 Hz6
- HDMI port up to 1920 x 1080: 60 Hz
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
Microsoft® DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA) application interface (API)
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
15.6" HD 1366 x 768 pixel resolution, high-brightness (220-nit) DiamondView TFT LCD, supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms response time
|Hard Drive1, 11,
160, 250, 320, 500, or 640 GB hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Reduced-Size Multimedia Card (RS-MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
4X Blu-ray Disc/DVD SuperMulti double-layer combo drive:
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X BD-ROM, 4X BD-R, 2X BD-RE, 4X BD-ROM DL (double-layer), 4X BD-R DL (double-layer), 2X BD-RE DL (double-layer)
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer)
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Two built-in stereo speakers
High-definition audio support
Integrated high-def webcam with 1280 x 1024 resolution1
5-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Three USB 2.0 ports
HDMI port with HDCP support
External display (VGA) port
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
WLAN1, 12,: 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED or 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
WiMAX1, 12,: 802.16e/2.5G WiMAX Forum Certified, featuring Mobile WiMAX
WPAN1: Bluetooth® 3.0+HS or Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
|Keys and Controls1
Touchpad pointing device, featuring vertical scroll and single button design (left/right mouse), supporting:
Nine function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support
- Two-finger scroll
- Pinch-action zoom
- Page flip
Capacitive-touch launch keys: Gateway MyBackup, programmable, touchpad lock, Wi-Fi®, volume up/down/mute
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard: supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with integrated graphics:
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with discrete graphics:
- Estimated 4 hour battery life14
3-pin 90 W AC adapter6
- Estimated 3.2 hour battery life14
3-pin 65 W AC adapter9
(W × D × H)
15 × 9.96 × 1.22/1.34 inches (381 × 253 × 31/34.14 mm)
5.72 lbs. (2.6 kg)13 with 6-cell battery
Gateway Identity Card
Gateway Launch Manager
Gateway MyBackup Solution
Gateway Power Management
Gateway Recovery Management
Gateway Social Networks
Adobe® Flash® Player
eBay® shortcut 20091
Microsoft® Office Trial (Service Pack 2)
Microsoft® Works SE 91
Microsoft® Works 9
Nero® 9 Essentials Gateway Edition
Norton Internet Security 2010 Gateway Edition
Norton Online Backup
Windows Live Essentials — Wave 3.2 (Mail, Photo Gallery, Live Messenger, Movie Maker, Writer)
1 GB / 2 GB / 4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz soDIMM module
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
3-pin 90 W AC adapter6
3-pin 65 W AC adapter9
Windows®. Life without Walls. Gateway recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB or higher memory.
- For models with discrete graphics.
- Total available graphics memory comprises dedicated video memory, system memory, and shared system memory. This figure will vary depending on system memory, installed drivers, BIOS settings and other factors.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by any memory used by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- For models with integrated graphics.
- Resolution/refresh rates depend on display capability and color/depth settings.
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Packard Bell Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability, and selected options.
- Your computer's battery life may vary depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched. The listed battery life is for individual battery packs tested with MobileMark 2007 in productivity test mode, and with wireless connection on. All batteries' maximum capacity will diminish with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.