NV53AGateway NV53A Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® NV53A notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit2
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 64-bit2
AMD Phenom II quad-core mobile processor N930 (2.0 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
AMD Phenom II triple-core mobile processor N830 (2.10 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB, 1.5 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
AMD Phenom II dual-core mobile processor N620 (2.80 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
AMD Turion II dual-core mobile processor P520 (2.50 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
AMD Turion II dual-core mobile processor N530 (2.50 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
AMD Athlon II dual-core processor P320 (2.10 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
AMD Athlon II dual-core processor N330 (2.30 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
AMD V Series processor V120 (2.20 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 512 KB L2 cache, 25 W)
AMD M880G Chipset
Up to 4 GB of dual-channel DDR3 1066 MHz memory, upgradable to 8 GB using two soDIMM modules 5
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 56506 with up to 40917 MB of HyperMemory (1024 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 30678 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 5.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 11, OpenGL® 3.1, OpenCL 1.1
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 54706 with up to 35797 MB of HyperMemory (512 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 30678 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 5.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 11, OpenGL® 3.1, OpenCL 1.1
ATI Radeon HD 42509 Graphics with 256 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD2), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
External resolution / refresh rates10:
- VGA port up to 2560 x 1600: 60 Hz9
- VGA port up to 2048 x 1536: 85 Hz6
- HDMI port up to 1920 x 1080: 60 Hz
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
Microsoft® DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA) application interface (API)
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
15.6" HD 1366 x 768 (WXGA) pixel resolution
High-brightness (200-nit) Gateway Ultrabright LED-backlit TFT LCD
Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms response time
160, 250, 320, 500, or 640 GB hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
4X Blu-ray Disc and DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL, 6X DVD-R DL, 6X DVD+R DL, 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X BD-ROM, 4X BD-R, 2X BD-RE, 4X BD-ROM DL, 4X BD-R DL, 2X BD-RE DL
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X DVD+R DL, 4X DVD-R DL
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL, 6X DVD-R DL, 6X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL, 4X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Two built-in stereo speakers
High-definition audio support
Multi-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Three USB 2.0 ports
HDMI port with HDCP support 1
External display (VGA) port
Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated webcam with 1280 x 1024 resolution.
Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection or 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection 1,12
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 3.0+HS or Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR1
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
|Keyboard and Mouse
103, 104, or 107-key keyboard
12 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support
Multi-gesture touchpad, supporting:
- Two-finger scroll
3-pin 90 W AC adapter6
3-pin 65 W AC adapter9
48.8 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 3.7 hours14 with integrated graphics or 2.8 hours14 with discrete graphics.
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
15 × 9.96 × 1.22/1.34 inches (381 × 253 × 31/34.14 mm)
5.72 lbs. (2.6 kg)13 with 6-cell battery
Gateway Identity Card
Gateway Power Management 9
Gateway PowerSave Solution6
Gateway MyBackup Solution
Gateway Recovery Management
Gateway Social Networks
Adobe® Flash® Player 10
Adobe® Reader® 9.1
eBay® shortcut 2009
Microsoft® Office 2007 Trial (Service Pack 2)
Microsoft® Works SE 9
Nero 9 Essentials
Norton Online Backup
Norton Internet Security 2010
Windows Live Essentials - Wave 3.2 (Mail, Photo Gallery, Live Messenger, Movie Maker, Writer)
- Bluetooth® 3.0+HS
- Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR
- 1 GB / 2 GB / 4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz soDIMM module
- 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 3-pin 90 W AC adapter6
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter9
Windows®. Life without Walls. eMachines recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory or above.
- For models with discrete graphics.
- Total available graphics memory comprises dedicated video memory, system memory, and shared system memory. This figure will vary depending on system memory, installed drivers, BIOS settings and other factors.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by any memory used by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- For models with integrated graphics.
- Resolution/refresh rates depend on monitor capability and color/depth settings.
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability, and selected options.
- Your computer's battery life may vary depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched. The listed battery life is for individual battery packs tested with MobileMark 2007 in productivity test mode and with wireless connection on. All batteries' maximum capacity will diminish with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.