Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
Aspire5251, Aspire5252, Aspire5551, Aspire5552, eME440, eME442, NV50A, NV53A, TravelMate5542
Q: Flickering or noise appears may appear the LCD displayA:
The LCD display on this notebook may flicker or the image may be fuzzy when viewing the LCD display at an angle.
Updating the BIOS to version 2.07 or later resolves a timing issue between the video chip on the motherboard and the LCD panel and reduces the likelihood of the LCD display flickering or the image being fuzzy.
To download the BIOS:
- In your Internet browser of choice, navigate to our Gateway Product Support page.
- In the Select your Gateway product category section, click the icon that represents your product.
- Directly below in the In the Product Support Materials section, click the Select your product by model link.
- In the Select Series section, choose the series that represents your product.
- In the Select Model section, choose the model number of your product.
- Click the Confirm button to verify the correct model choice.
- On the next page, click on the BIOS tab.
- Click on the download arrow on the right hand side to download the BIOS.
- Click Save and select where you want to download the file.
To install the BIOS:
Note: Make sure you download the correct BIOS for your specific product and use the following steps in the given order. Installing an incorrect BIOS update may cause serious damage to your computer system. Any failure due to incorrect use of these updates is at own risk.
- Navigate to the downloaded BIOS file.
- Double-click on the zip file to open it.
- Click on File and then Extract All
- Follow the steps in the Extraction Wizard window to unzip the files.
- Ensure the checkbox next to Show Extracted Files is checked before clicking Finish.
- In the window that opens navigate to the Windows folder and double-click on the EXE file.
- Follow the prompts to install the latest BIOS for your computer.