NV51MGateway NV51M Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® NV51M notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit2
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 64-bit2
Intel® Celeron® processor T3500 (2.10 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Celeron® processor 900 (2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 3, 4,
Up to 2 GB of dual-channel DDR3 memory, upgradeable to 4 GB using two soDIMM modules5
Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M (Intel® GMA 4500M) with up to 1759 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (64 MB of dedicated system memory, up to 1695 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
External resolution / refresh rate:6
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
- VGA port up to 2048 x 1536: 60 Hz
- HDMI port up to 1728 x 1080: 60 Hz
15.6" HD 1366 x 768 pixel resolution
High-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD
Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
Mercury free, environment friendly
16:9 aspect ratio
|Hard Drive1, 7,
160, 250, 320, 500, 640, or 750 GB hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
One built-in stereo speaker
2-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC and SD
Three USB 2.0 ports
HDMI port with HDCP support
External display (VGA) port
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Webcam with 1280 x 1024 resolution
Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED or 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED1, 8,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR or Bluetooth® 3.0+HS1
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
|Keyboard and Mouse1
103, 104, or 107-key Gateway FineTip keyboard with independent standard numeric keypad, international language support
Media control keys printed on the keyboard:
Dedicated volume up, volume down, and mute keys
Gateway Social Networks key
- Play and pause
Gateway MyBackup key
Gateway EZ Pad® multi-gesture touchpad, supporting:
- Two-finger scroll
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
48.8 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 3.50-hour battery life10
41.4 W 2800 mAh 4-cell Li-ion battery pack with 3.00-hour battery life10
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
15.0 × 9.96 × 1.22/1.34 inches (381 × 253 × 31/34.14 mm)
5.72 lbs. (2.6 kg)9 with 6-cell battery
Gateway Identity Card
Gateway MyBackup Solution1
Gateway Power Management1
Gateway Recovery Management
Gateway Social Networks
Adobe® Flash® Player
eBay® shortcut 20091
Microsoft® Office 2010 preloaded (purchase a product key to activate)12
Microsoft® Office Starter 201013
Nero 9 Essentials
Norton Internet Security 2010
Windows Live Essentials -Wave 3.2 (Mail, Photo Gallery, Live Messenger, Movie Maker, Writer)
- Bluetooth® 3.0+HS
- 1 GB DDR3 1333 MHz soDIMM module
- 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz soDIMM module
- 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter
Windows®. Life without Walls. Gateway recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by any memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- This system is bundled with DDR3 1066 MHz memory; however, memory speed may vary depending on CPU/chipset support.
- A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB or higher memory.
- Resolution/refresh rates depend on display capability and color/depth settings.
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability, and selected options.
- The listed battery life is based on MobileMark 2007® productivity mode testing with wireless on. Details of MobileMark2007® testing are available at www.bapco.com. Battery life rating is for comparison purposes only. Actual battery life varies by model, configuration, applications, power management settings, operating conditions, and utilized features. A battery's maximum capacity decreases with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.
- Purchase an Office 2010 product key to activate one of the following Office 2010 suites preloaded on this PC: Office Home and Student 2010, Office Home and Business 2010, Office Professional 2010.
- Includes Microsoft® Office 2010 preloaded. Purchase a product key to activate a full Microsoft Office 2010 suite. This PC is preloaded with reduced-functionality versions of Word and Excel that include advertising. PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher are not included.