NV51Gateway NV51 Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® NV51 notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit2
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 64-bit2
Intel® Pentium® processor T4500 (2.30 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Pentium® processor T4400 (2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Pentium® processor T4300 (2.10 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Celeron® processor T3100 (1.90 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Celeron® processor T3000 (1.80 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Celeron® processor T1700 (1.83 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Celeron® processor T1600 (1.66 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Celeron® processor 900 (2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 3, 4,
Up to 2 GB of dual-channel DDR3 1066 MHz memory, upgradable to 4 GB using two soDIMM modules
Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M (Intel® GMA 4500M) with up to 17595 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (64 MB of dedicated system memory, up to 16956 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
External resolution/refresh rate7:
Dual independent display support
- VGA port up to 2560 x 1600: 60 Hz
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
15.6" HD 1366 x 768 (WXGA) pixel resolution
High-brightness (200-nit) Gateway Ultrabright LED-backlit TFT LCD
Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
|Hard Drive1, 8,
160, 250, 320, 500, or 640 GB hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL, 6X DVD-R DL, 6X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL, 4X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
One built-in mono speaker
5-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Two USB 2.0 ports
External display (VGA) port
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated webcam with 1280 x 1024 resolution
Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED or • 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED1, 9,
Ethernet: Fast Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
|Keyboard and Mouse1
99, 100, or 103-key keyboard with inverted "T" cursor layout, independent standard numeric keypad, international language support
Media control keys (printed on keyboard): play/pause, stop, previous, next
8 function keys, four cursor keys, two Windows® keys, hotkey controls
Gateway Social Networks key
Gateway MyBackup key
Gateway EZ Pad® touchpad pointing device
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion standard battery pack with 3-hour battery life11
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
14.51 × 9.61 × 1.04/1.54 inches (372.3 × 246.5 × 26.8/39.6 mm)
6.0 lbs. (2.7 kg)10 with 6-cell battery
Gateway Identity Card
Gateway Power Management1
Gateway MyBackup Solution1
Gateway Recovery Management
Gateway Social Networks
Adobe® Flash® Player 10
eBay® Shortcut 1
Microsoft® Windows Live Essentials Wave 3.2
Microsoft® Office Trial (Service Pack 2)
Microsoft® Works SE 91
Microsoft® Works 9
Microsoft® Works 8.5
Netflix Shortcut 1
Nero 9 Essentials
Norton Online Backup
Norton Internet Security 2010
|Colors and Accessories
- 1 GB or 2 GB DDR3 soDIMM module
- 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter
Windows® Life without Walls Gateway recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- Total available graphics memory comprises dedicated video memory, system memory, and shared system memory. This figure will vary depending on system memory, installed drivers, BIOS settings and other factors.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by any memory used by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- Resolution/refresh rates depend on display capability and color/depth settings.
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability, and selected options.
- Your computer's battery life may vary depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched. The listed battery life is for individual battery packs tested with MobileMark 2007 in productivity test mode, and with wireless connection on. All batteries' maximum capacity will diminish with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.