NV50AGateway NV50A Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® NV50A notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit2
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 64-bit2
AMD Phenom II quad-core mobile processor N950 (2.10 GHz, 1333 MHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
AMD Phenom II triple-core mobile processor N850 (2.20 GHz, 1333 MHz, 1.5 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
AMD Turion II dual-core mobile processor P540 (2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 25 W)
AMD Athlon II dual-core processor P340 (2.20 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 25 W)
AMD Athlon II dual-core processor N350 (2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
AMD V Series processor V140 (2.30 GHz, 1066 MHz, 512 KB L2 cache, 25 W)
AMD M880G Chipset
|Memory1, 3, 4,
Up to 4 GB of dual-channel DDR3 1066 MHz memory, upgradeable to 8 GB using two soDIMM modules5
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 56506 with up to 40917 MB of HyperMemory (1024 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 30678 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 5.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 11, OpenGL® 3.1, OpenCL 1.1
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 54706 with up to 35797 MB of HyperMemory (512 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 30678 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 5.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 11, OpenGL® 3.1, OpenCL 1.1
ATI Radeon HD 42509 Graphics with 256 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD2), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
External resolution / refresh rates10:
Dual independent display support
- VGA port up to 2560 x 1600: 60 Hz9
- VGA port up to 2048 x 1536: 85 Hz6
- HDMI port up to 1920 x 1080: 60 Hz
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
Microsoft® DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA) application interface (API)6
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
15.6" HD 1366 x 768 pixel resolution
High-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD
Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms response time
|Hard Drive1, 11,
160, 250, 320, 500, 640, or 750 GB hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
4X Blu-ray Disc/DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL, 6X DVD-R DL, 6X DVD+R DL, 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X BD-ROM, 4X BD-R, 2X BD-RE, 4X BD-ROM DL, 4X BD-R DL, 2X BD-RE DL
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X DVD+R DL, 4X DVD-R DL
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
One built-in stereo speaker
2-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC and SD
Three USB 2.0 ports
HDMI port with HDCP support
External display (VGA) port
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Webcam with 1280 x 1024 resolution
Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED or 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED1, 12,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 3.0+HS1
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
|Keyboard and Mouse1
103, 104, or 107-key Gateway FineTip keyboard with independent standard numeric keypad, international language support
Media control keys printed on the keyboard:
Dedicated volume up, volume down, and mute keys
Gateway Social Networks key
- Play and pause
Gateway MyBackup key
Gateway EZ Pad® multi-gesture touchpad, supporting:
- Two-finger scroll
3-pin 90 W AC adapter6
3-pin 65 W AC adapter9
48.8 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 3.95-hour battery life14 with integrated graphics or 2.95-hour battery life14 with discrete graphics.
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
15.0 × 9.96 × 1.22/1.34 inches (381 × 253 × 31/34.14 mm)
5.72 lbs. (2.6 kg)13 with 6-cell battery
Gateway Identity Card
Gateway MyBackup Solution1
Gateway Power Management1
Gateway PowerSave Solution1
Gateway Recovery Management
Gateway Social Networks
Adobe® Flash® Player
eBay® shortcut 20091
Microsoft® Office 2010 preloaded (purchase a product key to activate)16
Microsoft® Office Starter 201017
Nero 9 Essentials
Norton Internet Security 2010
Windows Live Essentials -Wave 3.2 (Mail, Photo Gallery, Live Messenger, Movie Maker, Writer)
- Bluetooth® 3.0+HS
- 1 GB DDR3 1333 MHz soDIMM module
- 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz soDIMM module
- 4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz soDIMM module
- 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter6
- 3-pin 90 W AC adapter9
Windows®. Life without Walls. Gateway recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB or higher memory.
- For models with discrete graphics.
- Total available graphics memory comprises dedicated video memory, system memory, and shared system memory. This figure will vary depending on system memory, installed drivers, BIOS settings and other factors.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by any memory used by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- For models with integrated graphics.
- Resolution/refresh rates depend on display capability and color/depth settings.
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Packard Bell Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability, and selected options.
- Your computer's battery life may vary depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched. The listed battery life is for individual battery packs tested with MobileMark 2007 in productivity test mode, and with wireless connection on. All batteries' maximum capacity will diminish with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.
- Purchase an Office 2010 product key to activate one of the following Office 2010 suites preloaded on this PC: Office Home and Student 2010, Office Home and Business 2010, Office Professional 2010.
- Includes Microsoft® Office 2010 preloaded. Purchase a product key to activate a full Microsoft Office 2010 suite. This PC is preloaded with reduced-functionality versions of Word and Excel that include advertising. PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher are not included.