ID59CGateway ID59C Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® ID59C notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit2
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 64-bit2
Intel® Core i7-620M processor (2.66 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.33 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core i5-540M processor (2.53 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.06 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core i5-520M processor (2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.93 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core i5-450M processor (2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.66 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core i5-430M processor (2.26 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.53 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core i3-370M processor (2.40 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core i3-350M processor (2.26 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core i3-330M processor (2.13 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Supporting Intel® 64 architecture and Intel® Smart Cache
Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 3, 4,
Up to 4 GB of dual-channel DDR3 1066 MHz memory, upgradable to 8 GB using two soDIMM modules5
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M6 with NVIDIA® Optimus technology, up to 40917 MB of TurboCache (1024 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 30678 MB of shared system memory), supporting NVIDIA® CUDA, PhysX, PureVideo® HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
NVIDIA® GeForce® 310M6 with NVIDIA® Optimus technology, up to 35797 MB of TurboCache (512 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 30678 MB of shared system memory), supporting NVIDIA® CUDA, PhysX, PureVideo® HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
Intel® HD Graphics9 with 128 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
External resolution/refresh rate10:
Dual independent display support
- VGA port up to 2560 x 1600: 60 Hz9
- VGA port up to 2048 x 1536: 85 Hz6
- HDMI port up to 1920 x 1080: 60 Hz
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
15.6" HD 1366 x 768 (WXGA) pixel resolution
High-brightness (200-nit) Gateway Ultrabright LED-backlit TFT LCD
Mercury free, environment friendly
16:9 aspect ratio
|Hard Drive1, 12,
160, 250, 320, 500, or 640 GB hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL, 6X DVD-R DL, 6X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL, 4X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Dolby® Home Theater® v3 audio enhancement, featuring:
Two built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby® Digital Live
- Dolby® Pro Logic® IIx
- Dolby® Headphone
- Dolby® Natural Bass
- Dolby® Sound Space Expander
- Dolby® Inverse Filtering
- Dolby® High Frequency Enhancer technologies
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)11 support for digital speakers
Two built-in stereo microphones, featuring beam forming, echo cancellation, and noise suppression technologies
5-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Four USB 2.0 ports
HDMI port with HDCP support1
External display (VGA) port
Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated webcam with 1280 x 1024 resolution
Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED or 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED1, 13,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 3.0+HS 1
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
|Keyboard and Mouse1
103, 104, or 107-key FineTip keyboard with independent standard numeric keypad, international language support
Capacitive-touch media keys: play/pause, stop, previous, next
Dedicated audio control keys: volume up, volume down, mute
Social Networks key
Glowing light effect touchpad, supporting :
- Two-finger scroll
3-pin 90 W AC adapter6
PowerSave 3-pin 65 W AC adapter9
49 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 5.9-hour battery life15
66 W 6000 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 8-hour battery life 15
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
14.88 × 10.20 × 0.86/1.04 inches (378 × 259 × 21.9/26.3 mm)
5.50 lbs (2.50 kg)14 with 6-cell battery pack
Gateway Identity Card
Gateway InfoCentre Solution
Gateway MyBackup Solution1
Gateway Optical Drive Power Management 1
Gateway Power Management Solution1
Gateway Recovery Management
Gateway Registration Solution
Gateway Social Networks
Adobe® Flash® Player 10
eBay® shortcut 20091
Microsoft® Office Trial (Service Pack 2)
Microsoft® Works SE 91
Microsoft® Works 9
Microsoft® Works 8.5
Microsoft® Windows Live Essentials Wave 3.2 (Mail, Photo Gallery, Live Messenger, Movie Maker, Writer)
Microsoft® Works with Office Home and Student 2007 Tria
Nero 9 Essentials
Norton Internet Security 2010
Norton Online Backup
Norton Internet Security 2009 (60 days)
- 1 GB, 2 GB, or 4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz soDIMM module
- 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 6000 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 3-pin 90 W AC adapter6
- PowerSave 3-pin 65 W AC adapter9
Windows® Life without Walls Gateway recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory or above.
- For models with discrete graphics.
- Total available graphics memory comprises dedicated video memory, system memory, and shared system memory. This figure will vary depending on system memory, installed drivers, BIOS settings and other factors.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by any memory used by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- For models with integrated graphics.
- Resolution/refresh rates depend on monitor capability and color/depth settings.
- Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Packard Bell Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability, and selected options.
- Your computer's battery life may vary depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched. The listed battery life is for individual battery packs tested with MobileMark 2007 in productivity test mode and with wireless connection on. All batteries' maximum capacity will diminish with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.