ID54Gateway ID54 Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® ID54 notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit2
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 64-bit2
Intel® Pentium Dual Core processor T4500 (2.30 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W
Supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Mobile Intel® PM45 or GM45 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 4, 5,
Up to 2 GB of dual-channel DDR3 1066 MHz memory, upgradeable to 4 GB using two soDIMM modules
NVIDIA® GeForce® G105M6 with up to 23037 MB of TurboCache (512 MB of dedicated DDR2 VRAM, up to 1791 MB of shared system memory), supporting NVIDIA® CUDA, PureVideo® HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD8 with up to 1759 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (64 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1695 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
External resolution/refresh rate:
Dual independent display support
- 2048 x 1536: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1440: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1200: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1080: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1680 x 945 : 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 1200: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 900: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1400 x 1050: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1366 x 768 : 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 1024: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 960: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 720: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1024 x 768: 120/100/85/75/72/60 Hz
- 800 x 600: 120/100/85/72/60 Hz
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
15.6" HD 1366 x 768 pixel resolution
High-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright LED-backlit TFT LCD
Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms high-def response time
60% color gamut
|Hard Drive1, 11,
160, 250, 320, or 500 GB hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Optimized 2nd Generation Dolby Sound Room®9 audio enhancement, featuring:
Two built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby® Headphone
- Dolby® Natural Bass
- Dolby® Sound Space Expander
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)10 support for digital speakers
Two built-in stereo microphones, featuring beam forming, echo cancellation, auto gain control, and noise suppression technologies
5-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Four USB 2.0 ports14
HDMI port with HDCP support
External display (VGA) port
Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated high-def video webcam, featuring 1280 x 800 resolution
Wi-Fi: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5100 or 5300 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED network connection1, 3,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)1
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval12
|Keyboard and Mouse
99, 100, or 103-key keyboard
9 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support
Capacitive-touch launch keys:
- Gateway MyBackup and PowerSave
- Touchpad toggle
- Wi-Fi® toggle
- Volume Controls (up, and down)
Multi-gesture touchpad, supporting:
- Two-finger scroll
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
48.8 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 4-hour battery life13 with integrated graphics or 2-hour, 30-minute battery life13 with discrete graphics.
62.0 W 5600 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 5-hour battery life13 with integrated graphics or 3-hour, 30-minute battery life13 with discrete graphics.
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
14.9 × 10.0 × 0.99/1.38 inches (377 ×254 × 25/35 mm)
6.60 lbs. (2.8 kg) with 6-cell battery
Gateway Identity Card
Gateway Launch Manager
Gateway PowerSave Solution
Gateway Recovery Management
Adobe® Flash® Player
Microsoft® Works with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial
Norton Internet Security 2009 Trial (60 days)
Norton Online Backup
- 1 GB DDR3 1066 MHz soDIMM module
- 2 GB DDR3 1066 MHz soDIMM module
- 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter
Windows®. Life without Walls. eMachines recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- For models with discrete graphics.
- For systems with 4 GB of system memory. The total graphics memory visible to the OS is less than the actual size allocated from the physical memory installed and varies depending on the configuration under a 32-bit OS.
- For models with integrated graphics.
- Dolby® is a registered trademark of Dolby® Laboratories. Dolby Sound Room® is a trademark of Dolby® Laboratories.
- Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway Recovery Solution utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- PTT countries: Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Oceania: Australia, New Zealand. N. America: Canada, USA.
- Your computer's battery life may vary depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched. The listed battery life is for individual battery packs tested with MobileMark 2007 in productivity test mode and with wireless connection on. All batteries' maximum capacity will diminish with time and use.
- While an eSATA device is plugged in, three USB 2.0 ports remain functional.