ID49CGateway ID49C Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® ID49C notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit2
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 64-bit2
Intel® Core i7-620M processor (2.66 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.33 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core i5-540M processor (2.53 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.06 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core i5-520M processor (2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.06 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core i5-450M processor (2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.93 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core i5-430M processor (2.26 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.53 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core i3-370M processor (2.40 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core i3-350M processor (2.26 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core i3-330M processor (2.13 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35 W)
Supporting Intel® 64 architecture and Intel® Smart Cache
Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 3, 4,
Up to 4 GB of dual-channel DDR3 system memory, upgradable to 8 GB using two soDIMM modules5
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M6 with NVIDIA® Optimus technology, up to 40917 MB of TurboCache (1024 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 30678 MB of shared system memory), supporting NVIDIA® CUDA, PhysX, PureVideo® HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
NVIDIA® GeForce® 310M6 with NVIDIA® Optimus technology, up to 35797 MB of TurboCache (512 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 30678 MB of shared system memory), supporting NVIDIA® CUDA, PhysX, PureVideo® HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
Intel® HD Graphics9 with 128 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
External resolution / refresh rates10:
- VGA port up to 2560 x 1600: 60 Hz9
- VGA port up to 2048 x 1536: 85 Hz6
- HDMI port up to 1920 x 1080: 60 Hz
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
Microsoft® DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA) application interface (API)
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
14.0" HD 1366 x 768 (WXGA) pixel resolution
High-brightness (200-nit) Gateway Ultrabright LED-backlit TFT LCD
Ssupporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
|Hard Drive1, 12,
160, 250, 320, 500, or 640 GB hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL, 6X DVD-R DL, 6X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL, 4X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Dolby® Home Theater® v3 audio enhancement, featuring:
Two built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby® Digital Live
- Dolby® Pro Logic® IIx
- Dolby® Headphone
- Dolby® Natural Bass
- Dolby® Sound Space Expander
- Dolby® Inverse Filtering
- Dolby® High Frequency Enhancer technologies
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)11 support for digital speakers
Two built-in stereo microphones, featuring beam forming, echo cancellation, and noise suppression technologies
Multi-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Four USB 2.0 ports
HDMI port with HDCP support 1
External display (VGA) port
Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated webcam with 1280 x 1024 resolution
Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection or 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection1, 13,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 3.0+HS 1
3G: UMTS/HSPA at 850/900/1900/2100 MHz and quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE at 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, upgradable to 7.2 Mb/s HSDPA and 5.7 Mb/s HSUPA1, 13,
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
|Keyboard and Mouse
86, 87, or 91-key FineTip keyboard, international language support
Media keys: play/pause, stop, previous, next
Dedicated audio control keys: volume up, volume down, mute
Other Keys: Social Networks key, MyBackup key, Programmable key, Communication key
Glowing light effect multi-gesture touchpad, supporting:
- Two-finger scroll
3-pin 90 W AC adapter6
PowerSave 3-pin 65 W AC adapter9
49 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 6-hour battery life15
66 W 6000 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 8-hour battery life15
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
13.46 × 9.64 × 0.87/0.99 inches (342 × 245 × 22.2/25.4 mm)
5.07 lbs. (2.3 kg)14 with 6-cell battery
Gateway Identity Card
Gateway Power Management 9
Gateway PowerSave Solution6
Gateway MyBackup Solution
Gateway Recovery Management
Gateway Social Networks
Adobe® Flash® Player 10
Adobe® Reader® 9.1
eBay® shortcut 2009
Microsoft® Office 2007 Trial (Service Pack 2)
Microsoft® Works SE 9
Nero 9 Essentials
Norton Online Backup
Norton Internet Security 2010
Windows Live Essentials - Wave 3.2 (Mail, Photo Gallery, Live Messenger, Movie Maker, Writer)
- 1 GB DDR3 1066 MHz soDIMM module
- 2 GB DDR3 1066 MHz soDIMM module
- 4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz soDIMM module
- 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 6000 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 3-pin 90 W AC adapter6
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter9
Windows®. Life without Walls. Gateway recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory or above.
- For models with discrete graphics.
- Total available graphics memory comprises dedicated video memory, system memory, and shared system memory. This figure will vary depending on system memory, installed drivers, BIOS settings and other factors.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by any memory used by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- For models with integrated graphics.
- Resolution/refresh rates depend on monitor capability and color/depth settings.
- Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability, and selected options.
- Your computer's battery life may vary depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched. The listed battery life is for individual battery packs tested with MobileMark 2007 in productivity test mode and with wireless connection on. All batteries' maximum capacity will diminish with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.