P79Gateway P-79 Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® P-79 notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 64-bit2 (Service Pack 1)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 32-bit (Service Pack 1)
Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate 64-bit2 (Service Pack 1)
Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate (Service Pack 1)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel® Core2 Extreme quad-core mobile processor QX9100/Q9300 (12 MB L2 cache, 2.26/2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 45 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Intel® Core2 Extreme dual-core processor X9100 (6 MB L2 cache, 3.06 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 44 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Intel® Core2 Quad processor Q9000 (6 MB L2 cache, 2.0 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 45 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Intel® Core2 Duo processor T9400/T9550/T9600/T9800 (6 MB L2 cache, 2.53/2.66/2.80/2.93 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 35 W)
Intel® Core2 Duo processor P9500 (6 MB L2 Cache, 2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 25 W)
Intel® Core2 Duo processor P7350/P7370/P7450/P7550/P7570/P8400/P8600/P8700 (3 MB L2 cache, 2/2.13/2.26/2.4/2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz, 25 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Intel® Core2 Duo processor T5670/T5800/T5870/T5900/T6400/T6500/T6570/T6600/T6670 (2 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz/1.8/2.0/2.10/2.20 GHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Mobile Intel® PM45 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 4, 5,
Up to 2 GB of dual-channel DDR3 1066 MHz memory, upgradeable to 4 GB using two soDIMM modules
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260M with up to 28156 MB of TurboCache (1024 MB of dedicated GDDR3 VRAM, up to 1791 MB of shared system memory), supporting NVIDIA® CUDA, PhysX, PureVideo® HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
External resolution/refresh rate:
- 2048 x 1536: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1440: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1200: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1080: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1680 x 945: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 1200: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 900: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1400 x 1050: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1366 x 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 1024: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 960: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 720: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1024 x 768: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 800 x 600: 120/100/85/72/60 Hz
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
17" WXGA+ 1440 x 900 pixel resolution
High-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD
Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms response time
|Hard Drive1, 10,
One or two hard disk drives:
RAID0 and RAID1 support
- 1st HDD: 160, 250, 320, or 500 GB hard disk drive
- 2nd HDD: 160, 250, 320, or 500 GB hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
2X Blu-ray Disc/DVD SuperMulti double-layer combo drive:
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X/16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X/4X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X/4X DVD-RW, 6X/4X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 2X BD-ROM, 2X BD-R, 2X BD-RE, 2X BD-ROM DL (double-layer), 2X/1.6X BD-R DL (double-layer), 2X BD-RE DL (double-layer)
- Write: 16X/8X CD-R, 10X/4X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-RW, 4X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X/2.4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 4X/2X DVD-R DL (double-layer)
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Optimized 2nd Generation Dolby Sound Room®8 audio enhancement, featuring:
Two built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby® Headphone
- Dolby® Natural Bass
- Dolby® Sound Space Expander
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)9 support for digital speakers
Volume/mute keyboard controls
5-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Silicon-based fingerprint sensor
Three USB 2.0 ports
HDMI port with HDCP support
DVI-D port with HDCP support
External display (VGA) port
IEEE 1394b port
Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
Modem (RJ-11) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated 1.3MP webcam with automatic image control, UVC-compliant
Wi-Fi: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5100/5300 (dual-band quad-mode 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N) Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring MIMO technology1, 3,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) 1
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval11, Wake-on-Ring ready
|Keyboard and Mouse
Full-size 86-key keyboard with 2.5 mm key travel, 19 mm key pitch
Multimedia control panel: DVD, music, play, forward, reverse, stop, mute
Touch-sensitive volume slide
Touchpad pointing device, featuring vertical scroll and two-button design (left/right mouse, programmable)
120 W output AC adapter
86.58 W (7800 mAh, 2.6 Ah) 9-cell Li-ion battery pack with 3-hour battery life12
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
15.7 × 11.7 × 1.3/1.7 inches (400 × 298.4 × 33/43.2 mm)
9.05 lbs. (4.10 kg) with 9-cell battery
Gateway Recovery Management
Microsoft® Works 9 with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial
Microsoft® Money Essentials
Norton Internet Security 2009 (60-day trial)
eBay® desktop shortcut
Adobe® Flash® Player 9
CyberLink® Blu-ray Disc / DVD Solution, featuring PowerDVD and Power2Go
Microsoft® Windows Live Essentials
- 120 W AC Adapter
- 9-cell Li-ion battery pack
Windows®. Life without Walls. Gateway recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- For systems with 4 GB of system memory. The total graphics memory visible to the OS is less than the actual size allocated from the physical memory installed and varies depending on the configuration under a 32-bit OS.
- Real output depends on external display specification.
- Dolby® is a registered trademark of Dolby® Laboratories.
- Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multi- streaming).
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- PTT countries: Asia: Japan. Europe: UK, France, Spain, Italy. Oceania: Australia. N. America: USA, Canada, Mexico.
- Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched, and may be reduced if Windows Aero is enabled. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.