NV54Gateway NV54 Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® NV54 notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium (Service Pack 1)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic (Service Pack 1)
Intel® Pentium® mobile processor T4200 (2.16 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Pentium® mobile processor T3400 (2.00 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Celeron® mobile processor T1700 (1.83 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Celeron® mobile processor T1600 (1.66 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Celeron® mobile processor 900 (2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Celeron® mobile processor 585 (2.16 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Celeron® mobile processor 575 (2.00 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Mobile Intel® GM45 or GL40 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 4, 5,
Up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory, upgradeable to 4 GB using two soDIMM modules6
NVIDIA® GeForce® G105M7 with up to 23038 MB of TurboCache (512 MB of dedicated DDR2 VRAM, up to 1791 MB of shared system memory), supporting NVIDIA® CUDA, PureVideo® HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Mobile Intel® GM459 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD9 (Intel® GMA 4500MHD) with up to 1759 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (128 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1631 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
External resolution/refresh rate:
- 2048 x 1536: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1440: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1200: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1080: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1680 x 945: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 1200: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 900: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1400 x 1050: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1366 x 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 1024: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 960: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 720: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1024 x 768: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 800 x 600: 120/100/85/72/60 Hz
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
15.6" HD 1366 x 768 pixel resolution
High-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD
Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms high-def response time
60% color gamut
|Hard Drive1, 11,
120, 160, 250, 320, or 500 GB hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
4X Blu-ray Disc/DVD SuperMulti double-layer combo drive:
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X BD-ROM, 4X BD-R, 2X BD-RE, 4X BD-ROM DL (double-layer), 4X BD-R DL (double-layer), 2X BD-RE DL (double-layer)
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer)
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Two built-in stereo speakers
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)10 support for digital speakers
5-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Four USB 2.0 ports
HDMI port with HDCP support
External display (VGA) port
Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
Modem (RJ-11) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated webcam, 640 x 480 resolution
Wi-Fi: Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring MIMO technology 1, 2, 3,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR1
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval12
|Keyboard and Mouse
99, 100, or 103-key keyboard
9 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support
Capacitive-touch launch keys:
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
48.8 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 3-hour, 30-minute battery life13 with integrated graphics or 3-hour, 10-minute battery life13 with discrete graphics.
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
14.6 × 9.84 × 1.02/1.46 inches (372 × 250 × 26/37 mm)
6.8 lbs. (3.1 kg) with 6-cell battery
Gateway Launch Manager
Gateway MyBackup Solution
Gateway PowerSave Solution
Gateway Recovery Solution
Microsoft® Works with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial and Money Essentials 2007
Norton Internet Security 2009 (60-day trial)
eBay® Desktop shortcut
Adobe® Flash Player®
CyberLink® Blu-ray Disc / DVD Solution, featuring PowerDVD and Power2Go
Microsoft® Windows Live Essentials
- Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR
- 1 GB / 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz soDIMM module
- 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter
Windows®. Life without Walls. eMachines recommends Windows Vista.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Wi-Fi® certification is for the WLAN module only.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory.
- For models with discrete graphics.
- For systems with 4 GB of system memory. The total graphics memory visible to the OS is less than the actual size allocated from the physical memory installed and varies depending on the configuration under a 32-bit OS.
- For models with integrated graphics.
- Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway Recovery Solution utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- PTT countries: Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Ocenia: Australia, New Zealand. N. America: Canada, USA.
- Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched, and may be reduced if Windows Aero is enabled. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.