NV53Gateway NV53 Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® NV53 notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit2
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 64-bit2
AMD Turion II Ultra dual-core mobile processor M660 (2.70 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, DDR2 800 MHz, 35 W)
AMD Turion II Ultra dual-core mobile processor M640 (2.60 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, DDR2 800 MHz, 35 W)
AMD Turion II Ultra dual-core mobile processor M620 (2.50 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, DDR2 800 MHz, 35 W)
AMD Turion II Ultra dual-core mobile processor M600 (2.40 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, DDR2 800 MHz, 35 W)
AMD Turion II dual-core mobile processor M540 (2.40 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, DDR2 800 MHz, 35 W)
AMD Turion II dual-core mobile processor M520 (2.30 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, DDR2 800 MHz, 35 W)
AMD Turion II dual-core mobile processor M500 (2.20 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, DDR2 800 MHz, 35 W)
AMD Athlon II X2 dual-core processor M340 (2.20 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, DDR2 667 MHz, 35 W)
AMD Athlon II X2 dual-core processor M320 (2.10 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, DDR2 667 MHz, 35 W)
AMD Athlon II X2 dual-core processor M300 (2.00 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 2DDR2 667 MHz, 35 W)
AMD Sempron processor M120 (2.10 GHz, 512 KB L2 cache, DDR2 667 MHz, 25 W)
AMD Sempron processor M100 (2.00 GHz, 512 KB L2 cache, DDR2 667 MHz, 25 W)
Supporting AMD HyperTransport 3.0 technology
AMD M880G Chipset
|Memory1, 4, 5,
Up to 2 GB of dual-channel DDR2 667 MHz memory, upgradeable to 4 GB using two soDIMM modules6
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 45707 with up to 23048 MB of HyperMemory (512 MB of dedicated DDR2 VRAM, up to 1792 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.1, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Graphics9 with up to 19198 MB of HyperMemory (256 MB of dedicated system memory, up to 1663 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder 2(UVD2), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
External resolution/refresh rate:
Dual independent display support
- 2048 x 1536: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1440: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1200: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1080: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1680 x 945: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 1200: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 900: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1400 x 1050: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1366 x 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 1024: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 960: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 720: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1024 x 768: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 800 x 600: 120/100/85/72/60 Hz
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
15.6" HD 1366 x 768 pixel resolution
High-brightness (220-nit) with Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD
Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms response time
|Hard Drive1, 12,
160, 250, 320, 500 GB, or larger hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
4X Blu-ray Disc/DVD SuperMulti double-layer combo drive:
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X BD-ROM, 4X BD-R, 2X BD-RE, 4X BD-ROM DL (double-layer), 4X BD-R DL (double-layer), 2X BD-RE DL (double-layer)
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer)
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Optimized 2nd Generation Dolby Sound Room®10 audio enhancement, featuring:
Two built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby® Headphone
- Dolby® Natural Bass
- Dolby® Sound Space Expander
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)11 support for digital speakers
5-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Four USB 2.0 ports
HDMI port with HDCP support
External display (VGA) port
Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated high-def webcam
Wi-Fi: Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring MIMO technology 1, 2, 3,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) 1
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval13
|Keyboard and Mouse
99, 100, or 103-key keyboard
Nine function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support
Capacitive-touch launch keys:
- Gateway MyBackup
- Programmable Key
- Touchpad lock toggle
- Wi-Fi® toggle
- Volume controls (up, down, and mute)
Touchpad pointing device, featuring vertical scroll and single button design (left/right mouse), supporting:
- Two-finger scroll
- Pinch-action zoom
- Page flip
3-pin 90 W AC adapter7
3-pin 65 W AC adapter9
48.8 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 3-hour battery life14 with integrated graphics or 2-hour, 40-minute battery life14 with discrete graphics
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
14.66 × 9.85 × 1.12/1.46 inches (372 × 250 × 28.5/37.0 mm)
5.84 lbs. (2.65 kg) with 6-cell battery
Gateway Identity Card
Gateway Launch Manager
Gateway MyBackup Solution1
Gateway Recovery Management
Adobe® Flash® Player
Best Buy Software Installer
Microsoft® Works with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial
Norton Internet Security 2009 Trial (60 days)
Norton Online Backup
- Bluetooth® 2.1 module
- 1 GB DDR2 667 MHz soDIMM module
- 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz soDIMM module
- 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 3-pin 90 W AC adapter7
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter9
- External USB 56K modem
Windows®. Life without Walls. Gateway recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory.
- For models with discrete graphics.
- For systems with 4 GB of system memory. The total graphics memory visible to the OS is less than the actual size allocated from the physical memory installed and varies depending on the configuration under a 32-bit OS.
- For models with integrated graphics.
- Dolby® is a registered trademark of Dolby® Laboratories.
- Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- PTT countries: Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Oceania: Australia, New Zealand. N. America: Canada, USA.
- Your computer's battery life may vary depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched. The listed battery life is for individual battery packs tested with MobileMark 2007 in productivity test mode and with wireless connection on. All batteries' maximum capacity will diminish with time and use.