NV52Gateway NV52 Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® NV52 notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium (Service Pack 1)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic (Service Pack 1)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor QL-65 (2.10 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, DDR2 667 MHz, 35 W)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor QL-64 (2.10 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, DDR2 667 MHz, 35 W)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor QL-62 (2.00 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, DDR2 667 MHz, 35 W)
AMD M780G/SB700 Chipset
|Memory1, 4, 5,
Up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory, upgradeable to 4 GB using two soDIMM modules6
NVIDIA® GeForce® G105M7 with up to 23038 MB of TurboCache (512 MB of dedicated DDR2 VRAM, up to 1791 MB of shared system memory), supporting NVIDIA® CUDA, PureVideo® HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics9 with up to 19198 MB of HyperMemory (256 MB of dedicated system memory, up to 1663 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.0
External resolution/refresh rate:
Dual independent display support
- 2048 x 1536: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1440: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1200: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1080: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1680 x 945: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 1200: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 900: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1400 x 1050: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1366 x 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 1024: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 960: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 720: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1024 x 768: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 800 x 600: 120/100/85/72/60 Hz
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
15.6" HD 1366 x 768 pixel resolution
High-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD
Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms high-def response time
60% color gamut
|Hard Drive1, 11,
120, 160, 250, 320, 500 GB, or larger hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Two built-in stereo speakers
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)10 support for digital speakers
5-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Four USB 2.0 ports
HDMI port with HDCP support
External display (VGA) port
Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
Modem (RJ-11) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated webcam with 640 x 480 resolution.
Wi-Fi: Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection, featuring MIMO technology1, 2, 3,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) 1
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval12
|Keyboard and Mouse
99, 100, or 103-key keyboard
9 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support
Capacitive-touch launch keys:
Gateway EZ Pad touchpad pointing device
- Gateway MyBackup
- Gateway PowerSave
- Touchpad lock toggle
- Wi-Fi® toggle
- Vollume controls (up, down, and mute)
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
48.8 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 3-hour, 30-minute battery life13 with integrated graphics or 3-hour,10-minute battery life13 with discrete graphics
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
14.6 × 9.84 × 1.02/1.46 inches (372 × 250 × 26/37 mm)
6.8 lbs. (3.1 kg) with 6-cell battery
Gateway Launch Manager
Gateway MyBackup Solution
Gateway PowerSave Solution
Gateway Recovery Solution
Microsoft® Works with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial and Money Essentials 2007
Norton Internet Security 2009 (60-day trial)
eBay® Desktop shortcut
Adobe® Flash Player®
CyberLink® Blu-ray Disc / DVD Solution, featuring PowerDVD and Power2Go
Microsoft® Windows Live Essentials
- Bluetooth® 2.1 module
- 1 GB DDR2 667 MHz soDIMM module
- 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz soDIMM module
- 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter
Windows®. Life without Walls. Gateway recommends Windows Vista.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB or higher memory.
- For models with discrete graphics.
- Total available graphics memory comprises dedicated video memory, system memory, and shared system memory. This figure will vary depending on system memory, installed drivers, BIOS settings and other factors.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by any memory used by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- For models with integrated graphics.
- Resolution/refresh rates depend on display capability and color/depth settings.
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability, and selected options.
- Your computer's battery life may vary depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched. The listed battery life is for individual battery packs tested with MobileMark 2007 in productivity test mode, and with wireless connection on. All batteries' maximum capacity will diminish with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.