NV40Gateway NV40 Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® NV40 notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic with Service Pack 1
AMD Athlon 64 single-core processor TF-20 (1.6 GHz, DDR2 667 MHz, 512 KB L2 cache, 15 W)
AMD 690MC Chipset
|Memory1, 3, 4,
Up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory, upgradeable to 4 GB using two soDIMM modules5
ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 Graphics with up to 1919 MB6 of HyperMemory (256 MB of dedicated system memory, up to 1663 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10
External resolution/refresh rate:
Dual independent display support
- 2048 x 1536: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1440: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1200: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1080: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1680 x 945: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 1200: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 900: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1400 x 1050: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1366 x 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 1024: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 960: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 720: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1024 x 768: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 800 x 600: 120/100/85/72/60 Hz
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
Gateway PowerDVD featuring Gateway CLPV and CLEV technologies
14" HD 1366 x 768 pixel resolution
High-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD
Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms high-def response time
|Hard Drive1, 8,
120, 160, 250, 320, or 500 hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Optimized 2nd Generation Dolby Sound Room® audio enhancement, featuring:
Two built-in Gateway 3DSonic stereo speakers
- Dolby® Headphone
- Dolby® Natural Bass
- Dolby® Sound Space Expander
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)7 support for digital speakers
5-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Three USB 2.0 ports
External display (VGA) port
Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
Modem (RJ-11) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated webcam with 640 x 480 resolution
Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/Draft-N or 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® wireless LAN card 1, 2,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) 1
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval9
|Keyboard and Mouse
86, 87, or 91-key keyboard
9 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support
Capacitive-touch launch keys:
- Gateway MyBackup
- Gateway PowerSave
- Touchpad lock toggle
- Wi-Fi® toggle
- Volume controls (up, down, and mute)
Gateway EZ Pad touchpad pointing device
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
48.8 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 3-hour battery life10
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
13.47 × 9.49 × 0.95/1.47 inches (342 × 241 × 24.3/37.5 mm)
5.3 lbs. (3.0 kg) with 6-cell battery
Gateway Launch Manager
Gateway MyBackup Solution
Gateway PowerSave Solution
Gateway Recovery Management
Microsoft® Works 9 with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial
Microsoft® Money Essentials
Microsoft® Windows Live Essentials
Norton Internet Security 2009 (60-day trial)
eBay® desktop shortcut
Adobe® Reader® 9
Adobe® Flash® Player 9
- 512 MB DDR2 667 MHz soDIMM module
- 1 GB DDR2 667 MHz soDIMM module
- 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz soDIMM module
- 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter
Windows®. Life without Walls. Gateway recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory.
- For systems with 4 GB of system memory. The total graphics memory visible to the OS is less than the actual size allocated from the physical memory installed and varies depending on the configuration under a 32-bit OS.
- Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and the operating environment. Gateway Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- PTT countries: Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Oceania: Australia, Ne w Zealand. N. America: Canada, USA.
- Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched, and may be reduced if Windows Aero is enabled. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.