Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
NV40, NV42, NV44, NV48
Q: How do I replace the RAM memory on this notebook?A: The memory (RAM) on the notebook is able to be replaced by the end user.
Follow the steps in reverse to install the new memory (RAM).
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position and remove the battery.
- Loosen the six captive screws that hold the memory (RAM) bay cover in place. lease note that the screws are designed to be loosened and not removed from the bay cover.
- Carefully remove the memory (RAM) bay cover.
- Push the release latches on either side of the memory (RAM) module.
- Carefully remove the memory (RAM) module out of the memory bay.
Note: Gateway does not support or endorse replacement of the memory (RAM). Damages resulting from user replacement of hardware is not covered under warranty. Proceed at your own risk.