NV79Gateway NV79 Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® NV79 notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit2
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 64-bit2
Intel® Core i7-620M processor (4 MB L3 cache, 2.66 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.33 GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache
Intel® Core i5-430M processor (3 MB L3 cache, 2.53 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.06 GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache
Intel® Core i5-520M processor (3 MB L3 cache, 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.93 GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache
Intel® Core i5-540M processor (3 MB L3 cache, 2.26 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.53 GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache
Intel® Core i3-330M processor (3 MB L3 cache, 2.26 GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache
Intel® Core i3-350M processor (3 MB L3 cache, 2.13 GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache
Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 3, 4,
Dual-channel DDR3 SDRAM support
Up to 4 GB of DDR3 1066 MHz memory, upgradeable to 8 GB using two soDIMM modules5
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 56506 with up to 4091 MB of HyperMemory (1024 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 3067 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 5.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 11, OpenGL ® 3.1, OpenCL 1.1
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 54706 with up to 3579 MB of HyperMemory (512 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 3067 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 5.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 11, OpenGL ® 3.1, OpenCL 1.1
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD7 (Intel® GMA HD), 128 MB of dedicated system memory, Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
External resolution/refresh rate8:
- VGA port up to 2048 x 1536: 85 Hz
- HDMI port up to 1920 x 1200: 60 Hz
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
Microsoft® DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA) application interface (API)
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
17.3 " HD 1600 x 900 pixel resolution, high-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright TFT LCD, supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms high-def response time
|Hard Drive1, 10,
One or two 160, 250, 320, 500 or 640 GB or larger hard disk drives
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Reduced-Size Multimedia Card (RS-MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
4X Blu-ray Disc/DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X BD-ROM, 4X BD-R, 2X BD-RE, 4X BD-ROM DL (double-layer), 4X BD-R DL (double-layer), 2X BD-RE DL (double-layer)
- Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM, 4X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 4X DVD-R DL (double-layer)
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Two built-in stereo speakers
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)9 support for digital speakers
Integrated webcam, VGA(640 x 480) resolution
5-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Four USB 2.0 ports
HDMI port with HDCP support
External display (VGA) port
Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
Modem (RJ-11) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
WLAN1, 11,: Integrated Gateway 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection or Gateway 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection
WPAN1: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval12
|Keys and Controls
Gateway EZ Pad touchpad pointing device
Multi-gesture touchpad, supporting:
9 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support
- Two-finger scroll
Capacitive-touch launch keys: programmable, Gateway MyBackup and PowerSave, touchpad lock, Wi-Fi®, volume up/down/mute
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard: supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
4800 mAh 8-cell Li-ion battery pack with discrete graphics:
4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with integrated graphics:
- 4-hour,40-minute battery life13
- 3-pin 90 W AC adapter
- 3-hour, 50-minute battery life13
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter
(W × D × H)
13.4 × 9.5 × 1.0/1.5 inches (412 × 280 × 24.5/36 mm)
7.4 lbs. with 6-cell battery pack
7.6 lbs. with 8-cell battery pack
Gateway Identity Card
Gateway Launch Manager
Gateway MyBackup Solution
Gateway Recovery Management
Adobe® Flash® Player 9
Adobe® Reader® 9
Best Buy Software Installer
CyberLink® Blu-ray Disc / DVD Solution, featuring PowerDVD and Power2Go
eBay® desktop shortcut
Microsoft® Works 9 with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial
Norton Internet Security 2009 Trial (60 days)
Windows Live Essentials
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- A 64-bit operating system is required to enjoy the ultimate performance of 4 GB memory or above.
- For models with discrete graphics.
- For models with integrated graphics.
- Resolution/refresh rates depend on monitor capability and color/depth settings.
- Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- PTT countries: Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Oceania: Australia, New Zealand. N. America: Canada, USA.
- Your computer's battery life may vary depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched. The listed battery life is for individual battery packs tested with MobileMark 2007 in productivity test mode, and with wireless connection on. All batteries' maximum capacity will diminish with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.