ID58Gateway ID58 Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® ID58 notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 64-bit With Service Pack 12
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium with Service Pack 1
Intel® Core 2® Duo mobile processor T9600 (2.80 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 6 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core 2® Duo mobile processor T9550 (2.66 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 6 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core 2® Duo mobile processor T9400 (2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 6 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core 2® Duo mobile processor P8700 (2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache, 25 W)
Intel® Core 2® Duo mobile processor P8600 (2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache, 25 W)
Intel® Core 2® Duo mobile processor P8400 (2.26 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache, 25 W)
Intel® Core 2® Duo mobile processor P7450 (2.13 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache, 25 W)
Intel® Core 2® Duo mobile processor P7350 (2.00 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache, 25 W)
Intel® Core 2® Duo mobile processor T6600 (2.2 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Intel® Core 2® Duo mobile processor T6400 (2.0 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache, 35 W)
Mobile Intel® PM45 or GM45 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 6, 7,
Up to 4 GB of dual-channel DDR3 system memory, upgradable to 8 GB using two soDIMM modules5
NVIDIA® GeForce® G105M8 with up to 23039 MB of TurboCache (512 MB of dedicated DDR2 VRAM, up to 1791 MB of shared system memory), supporting NVIDIA® CUDA, PureVideo® HD technology, OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Mobile Intel® GM4510 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD10 (Intel® GMA 4500MHD) with up to 1759 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (64 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1695 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
External resolution/refresh rate:
- 2048 x 1536: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1440: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1200: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1080: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1680 x 945 : 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 1200: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 900: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1400 x 1050: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1366 x 768 : 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 1024: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 960: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 720: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1024 x 768: 120/100/85/75/72/60 Hz
- 800 x 600: 120/100/85/72/60 Hz
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
15.6" HD 1366 x 768 pixel resolution
High-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright LED-backlit TFT LCD
Supporting simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
8 ms high-def response time
|Hard Drive1, 13,
160, 250, 320, 500, or larger GB hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Optimized 2nd Generation Dolby Sound Room®11 audio enhancement, featuring:
Two built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby® Headphone
- Dolby® Natural Bass
- Dolby® Sound Space Expander
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)12 support for digital speakers
Two built-in stereo microphones, featuring beam forming, echo cancellation, auto gain control, and noise suppression technologies
5-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Four USB 2.0 ports 16
External display (VGA) port
HDMI port with HDCP support
Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
Modem (RJ-11) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated webcam with 1-megapixel resolution
Wi-Fi: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5100/5300 (dual-band quad-mode 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N) Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® network connection or Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5150/5350 Wi-Fi®/WiMAX dual-mode module1, 3, 4,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) 1
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 with PTT approval14
|Keyboard and Mouse
99, 100, or 103-key keyboard
Nine function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support
Capacitive-touch launch keys: Gateway PowerSave and MyBackup, touchpad lock, Wi-Fi®, volume up/down
Multi-gesture touchpad pointing device, supporting:
- Circular-motion scrolling
- Pinch-action zoom
- Page flip
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
48.8 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 4-hour battery life15 for integrated graphics or 2.5 hour battery life15 for discrete graphics
62.0 W 5600 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 5-hour battery life15 for integrated graphics or 3.5 hour battery life15 for discrete graphics
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
14.9 × 10 × 0.99/1.38 inches (377 × 254 × 25/35 mm)
6.6 lbs. (3.0 kg) with 6-cell battery
Gateway Launch Manager
Gateway MyBackup Solution
Gateway PowerSave Solution
Gateway Recovery Solution
Microsoft® Works 8.5 with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial
Norton Internet Security 2009 (60-day trial)
- 1 GB DDR3 1066 MHz soDIMM module
- 2 GB DDR3 1066 MHz soDIMM module
- 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 3-pin 65 W AC adapter
Windows®. Life without Walls. Gateway recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Wi-Fi® certification is for the WLAN module only.
- Subject to availability.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- For models with discrete graphics.
- For systems with 4 GB of system memory. The total graphics memory visible to the OS is less than the actual size allocated from the physical memory installed and varies depending on the configuration under a 32-bit OS.
- For models with integrated graphics.
- Dolby® is a registered trademark of Dolby® Laboratories. Dolby Sound Room® is a trademark of Dolby® Laboratories.
- Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway Recovery Solution utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- PTT countries: Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Oceania: Australia, New Zealand. N. America: Canada, USA.
- Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched, and may be reduced if Windows Aero is enabled. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
- While an eSATA device is plugged in, three USB 2.0 ports remain functional.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.