EC54Gateway EC54 Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® EC54 notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit2
Intel® Pentium® processor SU4100 (1.30 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache, 10 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Intel® Celeron® processor SU2300 (1.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 10 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Intel® Celeron® processor 743 (1.30 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 10 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Intel® Celeron® processor 723 (1.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 10 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Mobile Intel® GS45 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 4, 5,
Up to 4 GB of DDR3 1066 MHz memory, upgradable to 8 GB using two soDIMM modules 2
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 43306 with up to 23047 MB of HyperMemory (512 MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 1792 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.1, Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD8 with up to 1695 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (64 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1631 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
External resolution/refresh rate:
Dual independent display support
- 2048 x 1536: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1440: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1200: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1080: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1680 x 945 : 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 1200: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 900: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1400 x 1050: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1366 x 768 : 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 1024: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 960: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 720: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1024 x 768: 120/100/85/75/72/60 Hz
- 800 x 600: 120/100/85/72/60 Hz
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
15.6" HD 1366 x 768 pixel resolution
High-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright LED-backlit TFT LCD
16:9 aspect ratio
|Hard Drive1, 11,
160, 250, 320, 500 GB, or larger hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:
- Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
- Write: 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R DL (double-layer), 8X DVD+R DL (double-layer), 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM
Optimized 2nd Generation Dolby Sound Room®9 audio enhancement, featuring:
Two built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby® Headphone
- Dolby® Natural Bass
- Dolby® Sound Space Expander
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)10 support for digital speakers
5-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Three USB 2.0 ports
HDMI port with HDCP support
External display (VGA) port
Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated webcam with 1-megapixel resolution
Wi-Fi: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5100 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED network connection, featuring MIMO technology1, 3,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)1
3G: UMTS/HSPA at 850/900/1900/2100 MHz and quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) upgradeable to 7.2 Mb/s HSDPA and 5.7 Mb/s HSUPA supporting receiver diversity and equalizing at 2100 MHz (for 3G models) 1, 3, 12,
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
|Keyboard and Mouse
103, 104, or 107-key keyboard
12 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support, independent US dollar and Euro symbol keys
Capacitive-touch launch keys:
- Gateway PowerSave
- Gateway MyBackup
- Touchpad lock
Multi-gesture touchpad, supporting:
- Two-finger scroll
3-pin 65 W AC adapter
63 W 5600 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 8-hour battery life13
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
14.85 × 10 × 1.08/1.10 inches (377 × 254 × 2537 mm)
5.29 lbs. (2.4 kg) with 6-cell battery
Gateway 3G Connection Manager
Gateway Identity Card
Gateway Launch Manager
Gateway PowerSave Solution
Gateway Recovery Management
Adobe® Flash® Player
Microsoft® Works with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial
Norton Online Backup
Norton Internet Security 2009 Trial (60 days)
|Colors and Accessories1
- Blue Brushed Aluminum
- Red Brushed Aluminum
- Silver Brushed Aluminum
- 1 GB or 2 GB DDR3 1066 MHz soDIMM module
- 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- Gateway PowerSave 3-pin 65 W AC adapter
- External USB floppy disk drive
- External USB 56K modem
Windows® Life without Walls Gateway recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- All available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- For models with discrete graphics.
- For systems with 4 GB of system memory. The total graphics memory visible to the OS is less than the actual size allocated from the physical memory installed and varies depending on the configuration under a 32-bit OS.
- For models with integrated graphics.
- Dolby® is a registered trademark of Dolby® Laboratories.
- Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment.
- Manufacturing option, with the Gobi2000 module.
- Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.