Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
Q: How do I replace the RAM memory on this notebook?A: The RAM memory on the notebook is able to be replaced by the end user.
Follow the steps in reverse to install the new RAM memory.
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position and remove the battery.
- Loosen the screw that holds the RAM memory bay cover in place.
- Carefully remove the RAM memory bay cover.
- Push the release latches on either side of the RAM memory module.
- Carefully remove the RAM memory module out of the memory bay.
Note: Gateway does not support or endorse replacement of the RAM memory. Damages resulting from user replacement of hardware is not covered under warranty. Proceed at your own risk.