Frequently Asked Questions
Show Part Numbers
Hide Part Numbers
Q: How do I replace the hard drive on this notebook?A: The hard drive on the notebook is able to be replaced by the end user. Before replacing the hard drive ensure that you have the Restore or Recovery media for the notebook and, if able, that all data backed up.
Follow the steps in reverse to install the new hard drive.
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position and remove the battery.
- Remove the two screws that hold the hard drive bay cover in place.
- Carefully remove the hard drive bay cover.
- Use the pull-tab to disconnect the hard drive from its connector, and lift the hard drive out of the bay.
- There are four screws holding the hard drive to the hard drive carrier. Remove the screws, using care to ensure that the screws are not dropped or lost.
- Remove the hard drive from the hard drive carrier.
Note: Gateway does not support or endorse replacement of the hard drive. Damages resulting from user replacement of hardware is not covered under warranty. Proceed at your own risk.