EC14Gateway EC14 Notebook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® EC14 notebook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit2
Intel® Pentium® processor SU4100 (2 MB L2 cache, 1.30 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 10 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Intel® Celeron® processor SU2300 (1 MB L2 cache, 1.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 10 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Intel® Celeron® processor 743 (1 MB L2 cache, 1.30 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 10 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Intel® Celeron® processor 743 (1 MB L2 cache, 1.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 10 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture
Mobile Intel® GS45 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 4, 5,
Up to 2 GB of Dual-channel DDR2 667 MHz memory, upgradable to 4 GB using two soDIMM modules
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD with up to 1695 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (64 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1631 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10
External resolution/refresh rate:
Dual independent display support
- 2048 x 1536: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1440: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1200: 75/60 Hz
- 1920 x 1080: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1680 x 945 : 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 1200: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1600 x 900: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1400 x 1050: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1366 x 768 : 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 1024: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 960: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 768: 85/75/60 Hz
- 1280 x 720: 100/85/75/60 Hz
- 1024 x 768: 120/100/85/75/72/60 Hz
- 800 x 600: 120/100/85/72/60 Hz
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
11.6" HD 1366 x 768 pixel resolution
High-brightness (220-nit) Gateway Ultrabright LED-backlit TFT LCD
Simultaneous multi-window viewing
16:9 aspect ratio
|Hard Drive1, 8,
160, 250 or 320 GB 2.5" 9.5 mm hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Media card reader supporting:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Memory Stick® (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
No optical drive
Optimized 2nd Generation Dolby Sound Room®6 audio enhancement, featuring:
Two built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby® Headphone
- Dolby® Natural Bass
- Dolby® Sound Space Expander
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)7 support for digital speakers
5-in-1 card reader , supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, and MS PRO cards
Three USB 2.0 ports
HDMI port with HDCP support
External display (VGA) port
Headphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Integrated high-def webcam
Wi-Fi: Integrated Gateway 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED network connection 1, 3,
Intel® WiFi Link 1000 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wi-Fi CERTIFIED network connection, supporting MIMO technology (for models shipping with an Intel® Celeron® 743 and SU4100 only)1, 3,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)1
3G: UMTS/HSPA at 850/900/1900/2100 MHz and quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE(850/900/1800/1900 MHz), upgradeable to 7.2 Mb/s HSDPA and 5.7 Mb/s HSUPA, supporting receiver diversity and equalizing at 2100 MHz (for 3G models). Optional support for receiver diversity and equalizing on 2100 MHz1, 3, 9,
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
|Keyboard and Mouse1
84, 85, or 88-key keyboard
10 function keys, four cursor keys, Windows® key, international language support
Power button with LED
Easy-access switches with LED1: Bluetooth®, WLAN/WWAN
Multi-gesture touchpad, supporting:
- Circular-motion scrolling
- Pinch-action zoom
- Page flip
30 W AC adapter
23.76 W 2200 mAh 3-cell Li-ion battery pack with 3-hour battery life10
47.52 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 6-hour battery life10 (for models shipping with an Intel® Celeron® 723 only)
62.16 W 5600 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 7-hour battery life10 (for models shipping with an Intel® Celeron® 723 only)
ACPI 3.0 CPU power management standard
Supports Standby and Hibernation power-saving modes
(W × D × H)
11.22 × 8.03 × 0.87/1.18 inches (285 × 204 × 22.1/30.0 mm)
3.08 lbs. (1.40 kg) with 6-cell battery
Gateway PowerSave Solution
Gateway Identity Card
Gateway Recovery Management
Adobe® Flash® Player 10
Microsoft® Windows Live Essentials Wave 3
Microsoft® Works with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial11
Norton Online Backup
Norton Internet Security 2009 (60 days)
Symantec Virus Definitions
|Colors and Accessories1
- NightSky Black
- Cherry Red
- Protective bag
- 3-cell or 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 3-pin 30 W AC adapter
Windows® Life without Walls Gateway recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- 64-bit software is required to enjoy the advantages of 64-bit processing.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction and access point settings.
- Up to 1 GB of available system memory may be allocated for system resource requirements.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support integrated graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by the amount of dedicated and shared system memory utilized by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- Dolby® is a registered trademark of Dolby® Laboratories.
- Supports 7.1-channel surround sound and 2-channel stereo output (multiple streaming).
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway Recovery Management utilizes up to 12 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- Manufacturing option, with the Gobi 2000 module.
- Your computer's battery life may vary depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched. The listed battery life is for individual battery packs tested with MobileMark 2007 in productivity test mode and with wireless connection on. All batteries' maximum capacity will diminish with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS, and regional availability.