LT40Gateway LT40 Netbook Series
Following are the specifications for the Gateway® LT40 netbook series.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Genuine Windows® 7 Starter
Intel® Atom processor N2600 (1 MB L2 cache, 1.60 GHz, DDR3 800 MHz, 3.5 W)
Intel® Atom processor N2800 (1 MB L2 cache, 1.86 GHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, 6.5 W)
Mobile Intel® NM10 Express Chipset
|Memory1, 3, 4,
Single-channel DDR3 SDRAM support with one soDIMM module
- Up to 1 GB of DDR3 system memory (for Windows® 7 Starter for small notebook PCs)
- Up to 2 GB of DDR3 system memory (for other operating systems)
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 (Intel® GMA 3600), with 64 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 9
External resolution / refresh rates:5
- VGA port up to 1600 x 900: 60 Hz
- HDMI® port up to 1920 x 1080: 60 Hz
Dual independent display support
16.7 million colors
WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding
HDMI® (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support
10.1" SD 1024 x 600 (WSVGA) resolution
High-brightness (200-nit), Gateway Ultrabright LED-backlit TFT LCD
|Hard Drive1, 6,
250 GB or larger hard disk drive
|Media Card Reader
Multi-in-1 card reader supporting:
Storage cards with adapter:
- Secure Digital (SD) Card
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- Reduced-Size Multimedia Card (RS-MMC)
- Memory Stick (MS)
- Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
- xD-Picture Card (xD)
- Memory Stick Duo
- Memory Stick PRO Duo
Two built-in stereo speakers
High-definition audio support
Built-in digital microphone
Multi-in-1 card reader
Three USB 2.0 ports
External display (VGA) port
HDMI® port with HDCP support
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adapter
Webcam for video conferencing
Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED or 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED1, 7,
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 3.0, Bluetooth® 2.11
3G: UMTS/HSPA at 850/900/1900/2100 MHz and quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE at 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, upgradable to 7.2 Mb/s HSDPA and 5.7 Mb/s HSUPA
Ethernet: Fast Ethernet
|Keyboard and Mouse2
84-/85-/88-key, 93% full-size Gateway FineTip keyboard with international language support
Gateway EZ Pad® multi-gesture touchpad, supporting:
- Two-finger scroll
Gateway Social Networks key (Fn+F1)
2-pin 40 W Gateway MiniGo AC adapter:
- 3.66 (W) × 1.26 (D) × 1.67 (H) inches (93.2 × 32.2 × 42.5 mm)
- 0.39 lbs. (180 g)2 with 250 cm DC cable
24 W 2200 mAh 3-cell Li-ion battery pack with 4-hour battery life8
48 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with 8-hour battery life8
Product Safety Electric Appliance and Materials (PSE) certified for battery pack
(W × D × H)
10.17 × 7.28 × 1.01 inches (256.5 × 184 × 24 mm)
2.65 lbs. (1.20 kg)2 with 6-cell battery
2.31 lbs. (1.05 kg)2 with 3-cell battery
AUPEO! (US only)
Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1
Adobe® Reader® 9.1
eBay® shortcut 20091
Gateway Identity Card
Gateway Power Management
Gateway Recovery Management
Gateway Social Networks
Internet Explorer® 9
Microsoft® Office 2010 preloaded (purchase a product key to activate)10
Microsoft® Office Starter 201011
NOOK for PC (US only)
Netflix shortcut1 (US, Canada only)
New York Times Reader (US only)
Norton Internet Security 2011
Norton Online Backup
WildTangent®1 (except China, Japan, Hong Kong, Korea)
Windows Live Essentials 20111
- Protective bag1
- 3-cell Li-ion battery pack
- 6-cell Li-ion battery pack
Windows®. Life without Walls. eMachines recommends Windows 7.
- Specifications vary depending on model.
- Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability, and selected options.
- Shared system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors. Actual system memory available to the operating system will be reduced by any memory used by the graphics solution and resources required by the operating environment.
- This system is bundled with DDR3 1066 MHz memory; however, memory speed may vary depending on CPU/chipset support.
- Resolution/refresh rates depend on display capability and color/depth settings.
- 1 GB is 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less and may vary depending on preloaded materials and operating environment. Gateway Recovery Management utilizes up to 10 GB of the stated hard disk capacity as dedicated backup space.
- Actual throughput may vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors such as network traffic or overhead, building construction, and access point settings.
- The listed battery life is based on MobileMark 2007® productivity mode testing with wireless on. Details of MobileMark2007® testing are available at www.bapco.com. Battery life rating is for comparison purposes only. Actual battery life varies by model, configuration, applications, power management settings, operating conditions, and utilized features. A battery's maximum capacity decreases with time and use.
- Bundled software may vary depending on hardware configuration, OS and regional availability.
- Purchase an Office 2010 product key to activate one of the following Office 2010 suites preloaded on this PC: Office Home and Student 2010, Office Home and Business 2010, Office Professional 2010.
- Includes limited-functionality Microsoft® Word and Excel with advertising; no PowerPoint or Outlook. Purchase Office 2010 to activate full-featured Office.