Computer Does Not Wake Up From Standby Mode With GoBack Installed in Windows Me
Affected Products: Desktop Computers, Software
Affected Operating Systems: Windows® MeISSUE: When the computer is placed into Standby mode, it does not wake up. The power light on the tower remains green rather than turning amber, and the computer stops responding and needs to be turned off. This issue only occurs if GoBack is installed on a computer. If GoBack is disabled or uninstalled, the computer successfully wakes from standby mode. If the computer goes to standby by itself, this issue may not occur. RESOLUTION: Remove and reinstall GoBack. To remove GoBack, perform the following steps.
- From the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. In Control Panel, click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- In the Add/Remove Programs Properties dialog box, on the Install/Uninstall tab, click GoBack on the list of programs, and then click Add/Remove.
- In the GoBack Setup dialog box, click OK to remove GoBack and restart the computer.
- The computer restarts.
- A GoBack Uninstall dialog box appears during the restarting process. Please wait.
- The Removing Goback dialog box appears and displays a progress bar as GoBack history is removed from the hard disk.
- In the GoBack Setup dialog box, click OK.
- The software is removed.
To install GoBack, perform the following steps.
- Insert the Windows Me Upgrade Companion CD or Applications CD Disc 3 from the System Restoration Kit in the CD/DVD drive. The CD runs automatically when Autorun is enabled.
- Click the Install Software tab, and then click to select the Manual installation check box. Select GoBack, and then click Install.
- In the GoBack dialog box, click OK.
- In the GoBack Setup dialog box, click No.
- In the GoBack Setup Wizard - Welcome dialog box, click Yes, I agree with the terms of the agreement, and then click Next.
- In the GoBack Setup Wizard - Registration dialog box, complete the requested information, and then click Next.
- In the GoBack Setup Wizard - Installation Type dialog box, click Easy Install, and then click Next.
- In the GoBack Setup Wizard - Summary dialog box, click Finish.
- The software installs, and creates a data file on your hard disk drive. This takes a few minutes to complete. Please wait.
- In the GoBack Setup dialog box, click Yes.
- In the GoBack Setup dialog box, click OK to restart your computer.