"A Usable Port For This Printer Cannot Be Found" Loading Epson 660 Printer
Affected Products: Astro Computer Series, Profile Computer Series, Peripherals
Affected Operating Systems: Windows® 95, Windows® 98 ISSUE: When you are loading the Epson 660 printer driver you get the error message "A usable port for this printer cannot be found."RESOLUTION:
- Verify your driver CD version.
- Place the Epson CD in the CD-ROM drive.
- From the Start menu, click Run.
- In the Run dialog box, type Command, then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type: D: (where D:\ is the letter of your CD-ROM drive), and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type: Dir /A /S, then press ENTER.
- The total bytes show:
- 1st version: 102,691,460 bytes
- 2nd version: 102,732,534 bytes
- If you have the 2nd version, load the driver.
- If you have the 1st version: (Use one of the following three options)
- Download the driver, file Epson660.exe, from the Gateway Web site.
- Go to the Epson Web site (www.epson.com | Canada/United States | Epson Imaging Products | Driver Downloads | under Printers and All in One Printers select EPSON Stylus COLOR 660 | the driver is located on this page).
- Stylus Color 660 USB Drivers for Gateway Astro Computer Users. Windows 98 Ga9x660.exe - 7.5 MB - posted on 01/25/2000
- This self-extracting file contains the EPSON Stylus Color 660 printer driver files for Windows 98 only. This driver is for use with the Gateway Astro PC and EPSON USB to Parallel adapter cable (C-USB-PK4). This driver is not compatible with any third party USB to Parallel adapter cables.
- You can also call 1-800-GO-EPSON (1-800-463-7766). Select option 2 (information on Epson products prior to purchase) if you need backup media for the driver.
Note: Clearly identify yourself as a Gateway Astro PC Customer. There is no troubleshooting done at this number, it is for driver fulfillment only.