E-2600 May Not Come Out of Standby or Hibernate Mode After Upgrading to Windows Vista
Affected Products: E-Series Computers, Desktop Computers
Affected Operating Systems: Windows VistaISSUE: A Gateway E-2600 computer may not come out of Standby or Hibernate mode after upgrading to Windows Vista. The hard drive may spin up but video may not be displayed and the keyboard/mouse may be unresponsive. RESOLUTION: To resolve this issue, the power management settings need to be turned off.
The power management settings may also need to be changed in the BIOS Setup Utility. The ACPI Suspend Type may need to be changed from S3(STR) to S1(STR).
- From the Microsoft Windows Vista default Start menu, click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, click Classic view in the left pane, and then double-click Power Options.
- In the Select a power plan window, select which of the Preferred plans you wish to use, and then click Change plan settings.
- In the Change settings for the plan window, set the Turn off the display option to Never. Set the Put the computer to sleep option to Never.
- Click Save changes.
- Shut down Windows and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.