IPMI Interface and PCI Serial Port Listed as Other Devices in Windows Vista
Affected Products: E-Series Computers, Desktop Computers, Software
Affected Operating Systems: Windows VistaISSUE: After installing Windows Vista, the IPMI Interface and PCI serial port are listed in the Other Devices category of Device Manager.
RESOLUTION: Install the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) software. In some cases the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) software is not a stand-alone application but rather is included with the network driver.
- Download file D20050-001-001.exe from the Gateway Web site.
- Internet Explorer may block the download; if so, click the yellow security bar at the top of the screen and then click Download File. Click Save, and then choose to save the file to the desktop.
- Once the download is complete, double-click the file and run the program to extract the files. The files extract to the C:\Cabs folder.
- From the Start menu, click Control Panel.
- With Control Panel in Category View, click Hardware and Sound, and then click B>Device Manager.
- In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
- In Device Manager, click the plus sign (+) in front of the IMPI device, and then double-click the IMPI device to open the Properties dialog box.
- In the Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.
- In the Welcome to the Hardware Update Wizard dialog box, browse to the C:\Cabs\D20050-001-001 folder for the driver software on your computer.
- In the next Hardware Update Wizard dialog box, verify that Include subfolders is checked. In the Search for drivers in this location box, type: C:\Cabs\D20050-001-001\ and then click Next.
- Files copy.
- When complete, repeat the steps to update the driver for the PCI Serial Device.