Various Issues When Connected to a Port Replicator on a Gateway M460, M680, or NX850
Affected Products: Notebook Computers
Affected Operating Systems: Not OS DependentISSUE: When connected to a port replicator on a Gateway M460, M680, or NX850 notebook computer, you may experience one of the following issues. This only happens with the port replicator is connected to the computer.
RESOLUTION: Make sure that you are using the proper adapter with the port replicator. Look at the output Amperage on the adapter to determine which adapter is being used.
- The battery light is not on but the battery does not charge.
- The computer does not power on.
- There is no POST/no video.
- The fans do not spin.
- There are thermal error messages on startup or during system use.
- The computer powers down during use.
- The computer intermittently restarts.
- The port replicator for the M460, M680, and NX850 use a 120-watt adapter.
- A 90-watt adapter is used for the Gateway M460 notebook with the ATI video chipset.
- A 65-watt adapter is used for the M460 notebook with the Intel video chipset.
- A 90-watt adapter is used for the Gateway M680 and NX850 notebook.