Issues with Altiris Management Software, Marvell Yukon NIC, and the Intel 915 Chipset
Affected Products: E-Series Computers, Desktop Computers, Profile Computer Series
Affected Operating Systems: Not OS DependentISSUE: Four issues are seen with Altiris Management software and the Intel 915 chipset.
- When installing the NDIS 2 driver, either from a floppy disk or directly from the Altiris PXE server, the computer does not locate the NIC drivers or may lock up.
- When transferring data from the Altiris PXE server the computer locks up or does not respond.
- You may experience issues only with integrated video solutions.
- Using the Marvell NDIS 2 driver and running the newest Altiris software on the Gateway Profile 5.5 results in the Profile not responding on imaging.
Note: Gateway does not support third party applications. This information is provided as a courtesy. RESOLUTION: Use the following steps to resolve this issue.
- The server needs to use the Marvell NDIS 2 driver to support this feature. Obtain driver version DOS v7.02 or higher and then configure the boot disk or PXE boot disk for the issue.
- Verify that the Altiris Deployment Server has 6.1 SP1 Hotfix D or greater. Service Pack 2 includes all previous fixes.
You can obtain the Hotfix from Altiris. If the PXE server is on a separate server, PXE needs to be at least Hotfix B. To determine the currently installed version, in the Deployment Server Console, from the Help menu, click About.
- Use Windows 98 SE or later boot system files.
- Update to the Profile 5.5 P05a BIOS or later. P05a disables legacy USB by default and unloads PXE from memory when its done.