Modem No Longer Works After Installing Scanjet Scanner
Affected Products: Desktops, Destination® PCs, Servers, Peripherals
Affected Operating Systems: Not OS DependentISSUE: After installing the HP Scanjet scanner, the error "Port open or in use" when trying to use the modem will occur. Uninstall of the modem also gives the error "cannot remove port while in use."RESOLUTION:
- From the Start menu, click Run.
- Type: sysedit in the command line, then press enter.
- Locate the System.ini file.
- Locate the [boot] section and the line with paperport in it.
- Place a semicolon in front of the word paperport.
- Example = "drivers=mmsystem.dll ;paperport"
- Locate the [drivers] section
- Place a semicolon in front of the line PAPRPORT=
- Example = ";PAPRPORT=C:\PAPRPORT\PPORTDRV.DRV"
- Exit the system configuration editor and save changes.
- Reboot for changes to take effect.