Computer with Boston Acoustics BA735 USB Speakers May Not Shut Down
Affected Products: Desktops, Astro Series
Affected Operating Systems: Windows® 98 SEISSUE: A computer connected to the Boston Acoustics BA735 USB speaker system may experience some problems shutting down. The computer may appear to stop responding on the "Windows is shutting down" splash screen or the computer may appear to shut down, but it then restarts itself. The computer does not respond to any keystrokes. This problem is intermittent and may not happen every time the computer is shut down.
Several symptoms may be experienced, including the following:
- Disconnecting the USB keyboard or the USB speakers while the computer is not responding may allow the computer to shut down.
- If the USB speakers are disconnected before attempting to shut down the computer, the computer shuts down normally.
- If the computer is left on the "Windows is shutting down" splash screen for a period of time (typically less than 10 minutes), it may eventually shut down.
Download file 7507807.exe from the Gateway Web site. Once you have downloaded the file, follow the instructions below.
- Remove the old Boston USB speaker driver.
- On your hard disk, locate and double-click the file 7507807.exe.
- A Winzip self-extractor dialog box appears. Click Unzip.
- Locate the C:\USBSpeakers folder.
- Click the Setup.exe file.
- On the Welcome dialog box, click Next.
- The drivers are installed. In the Setup Complete dialog box, click Yes, and then click Finish.
- The computer restarts and completes the installation.
- In the following Add New Hardware dialog boxes, click Next, and then click Finish on the last one.
- Connect the speakers to the computer and test them for sound.