Automatic Installation of PC-Doctor 4.0 from Applications CD 5.6 Fails
Affected Products: System CDs, Software
Affected Operating Systems: Windows® XPISSUE: When running an automatic installation of PC-Doctor 4.0 from Applications CD Version 5.6 Disc 1, the installation does not complete, and a red X appears next to PC-Doctor on the Gateway Application Loader.
This issue only affects PC-Doctor 4.0 for Microsoft® Windows® XP, part number 9515212, and Applications CD Version 5.6 Disc 1, part number 7512530.
- Close all open Windows.
- Install PC-Doctor 4.0 using the manual installation, rather than automatic installation from the Applications CD interface.
- Place Gateway Applications CD Version 5.6 Disc 1 in the CD/DVD drive. The CD runs automatically when Autorun is enabled.
- In the System Restoration Kit window, verify that Manual Installation is selected. Click PC- Doctor, and then click Install.
- In the InstallShield Wizard dialog box, click Next.
- In the Choose Destination Location dialog box, click Next.
- In the Select Components dialog box, click Next.
- In the Setup Type dialog box, click Next.
- In the Select Program Folder dialog box, click Next.
- Files copy.
- Installation is complete. In the Restarting Windows dialog box, verify that Yes, I want to restart my computer now is selected, and then click OK.