Back to Customer Service FAQs
You must contact a Gateway technician for authorization to send in a Gateway product for all in or out of warranty repairs. Upon exhausting troubleshooting resources, the technician will determine if a product requires service. Contact technical support through e-mail or chat.
Service Repair Tips
- Be aware of all possible risks/charges related to the service of your product.
- Only the item(s) needing service should be sent in. Any unnecessary items returned with the computer will not be Gateway's responsibility if lost during the service process.
- All passwords must be removed in order to service the computer.
- Data loss on hard drive or third party software/hardware may be removed/deleted from the computer if determined to be the problem. Data back up is recommended for these risks.
- Prior to sending a system in for service, permission must be provided to the technician for our service center to perform a reformat and reload, if necessary.
- International customers should consult their local customs official or broker regarding that country's custom regulations for the return of goods to the manufacturer for repair/service work. They will assist in filing the proper export documentation before shipping the computer to the Gateway repair facility. This will help limit the customer's duty and tax liability when the computer is sent back to them and re-imported into their country.
- Provide the technician with the best phone number for Service to reach you, if necessary.
- The technician will provide a service request number. Place this number on the box containing the item(s) for service. In addition, please add the word "Service" to the outside of the box for easy recognition.
- Gateway is not responsible for shipping and insurance to Gateway.
- The best option is to purchase our box which is available for LCD TVs, 610 Media PCs, all Portable models, and all Profile models or go to a Packaging Store and pay for a suitable packaging solution. Suitable packing includes foam, bubble wrap or newspaper packing to be added to protect the system during shipment. Ask the Gateway technician for further details.