InforManager Diagnostic Utility Windows NT Server Installation
Part number 1001515,12210140,6000664,7502899,7504141,7504368,ALR7200,informanager
The IFM utility for Microsoft Windows NT consists of two parts:
|Server Component||Required in order to monitor and manage all the IFM features at the system on which it is running.|
|Client Component||Auxillary portion of the IFM and is not required to run the utility. It allows monitoring and managing all the IFM features in the server from any Win32 workstation Windows NT or Windows 95) connected through LAN or WAN, using Windows sockets over TCP/IP.|
InforManager Installation in Windows NT
- Click Start, select Settings, and click Control Panel. Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- The Add/Remove Program Properties window appears. Click Install.
- The Install Program from Floppy Disk or CD-ROM window appears. Click Next to continue.
- The Installation Setup window displays the executable for the application (A:\Setup.exe). Click Finish to continue.
- A directory information screen appears with the defaults. Click Start Install.
- The files are copied to the system and setup.
- The installation is complete. Click on OK.
- A screen prompting closing of all programs and restarting Windows appears. Click OK. Close all applications and restart Windows NT.
To monitor the system from either a Windows NT or Windows 95 workstation, first install either one of the following on both the server and the workstation:
- TCP/IP protocol (Refer to your Windows NT installation guide).
- Optional ALR RackBus.
To start the IFM utility manually (user mode), double-click on its icon and the IFM Main Menu appears.
The program can also be run as an automatic service, especially useful on unattended servers. Exiting the InforManager utility enables the InforManager service which then can be started or stopped by means of the Windows NT Service Control Manager (Control Panel, Service).
To make the installable service "remember"individuals alerting options and other user selections, follow these steps:
The Installable Service will now be running with the new settings.
- Start the InforManager application.
- Change the settings as desired.
- Exit the utility.
- Open the InforManager program back up.