Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I update the BMC firmware for 8400 and 8450R servers?A:
BMC Firmware version 26
Note: This procedure assumes that the firmware has been extracted to a bootable disk.
In order to update the BMC Boot Code, you must set the BMC Boot Block to Programmable, pins 2 and 3. To access the jumper, you must remove the memory card.
- Before running the BMC update, it is assumed that the Boot Block is disabled to allow BMC updates.
- Turn on the server with the extracted BMC firmware boot disk in the floppy disk drive.
- At the A:\ prompt, type: FWUPDATE. Press the ENTER key.
- A menu opens with the options to verify or update the flash. Select Update Flash.
- When you are prompted for a file name to use, type: BMC26.HEX. Press ENTER.
- When you are prompted to upload the Boot Code, press the Y key.
- When the update is finished, press any key to continue. You return to the main option menu. Verify the flash or press the ESC key to exit to the A:\ prompt.
- Shut off the server, and then unplug the power cord to fully cycle power. Remove the disk from the floppy disk drive before restarting the server.